predictions.... Division 1 District 3

Baytown may be low on the numbers but they certainly have quality athletes in their numbers and not many filler or developmental type guys. Didn't think about the Faith West game, that's a good point. Not sure what happened in that one and Emery did put it on FW pretty good. I guess it could be a toss up Saturday.

Have you seen any of the games this year?
I went to the Baytown Katy game and agree they do have some athletes but looked to be only 10 kids on the sidelines. Its hard to compete with those low numbers and Im sure Emery cycles through the kids. They have some big numbers. I still think Emery wins by at least 20 in this one. I just don't see Baytown hanging around. Still should be one of the better games of the week though

It may be, we'll see what happens with Pasadena heading up to Huntsville tonight. From the score it looks like Logos and FW was a pretty good one.

If it was a close game then I doubt #32 suited up ... SL has some serious issues this year and is by far the last place team in the district. They hung with Katy probably because without #32 they are not very quick. SL has no speed, average at best in that department.

If anyone happens to be traveling to see that Pasadena vs Huntsville matchup... How bout an update when you get time. I wanted to go to that game but with the weather moving in I decided to stay put. Good luck to both squads! It should be a good game.

I heard the Huntsville and Pasadena was a good game. Both teams played with a lot of heart and determination. Pasadena won the game in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Does anybody know the score between Emory and Baytown?

TAPPSDIfan":3em81710 said:
RollTide14":3em81710 said:
Alpha Omega 28
Emery 50

Alpha Omega 14
Baytown 44

Strange pattern here. Where was the Emery powerhouse this game against Huntsville? What did Huntsville do to only get beat by 22 pts as a now 0-3 team in district to a now 3-0 team in district? Baytown score is more crazy. Held Huntsville to half the pts Emery allowed.

Thanks for your thoughts Coach Usry. Looks like if we do the math with common opponent being Alpha it will be Baytown by 8. I think that they were a sleeping giant that is now awake and will be very hard to stop. Flew under the radar for awhile but are about to break out. Jury is still out for me on Emery for a number of reasons. Have to see more to make a final judgement.

Around the district Pasadena looks strong and fundamentally sound. Alpha Omega has some nice pieces but has gotten a little banged up lately it looks like. If Katy gets their RB back they could get back to their old form in a hurry. Tough one to figure out is Logos. They definitely look like an athletic team, not sure what's missing. Didn't they have an interim coach last year? Not sure if he is still leading the ship but doesn't look like the same team. Should be an interesting November!

Well D1 looks like you and bbrav must have had a better read or more info on baytown than I did. Nice pick fellas! . Did anyone go to the game? Weather was nasty again and I didn't make it. Looks like it was a tough one. Score said it went to 2OT! I guess baytown made a bit of a statement on this one but not sure how far they move up in the rankings. I think midland and Rockwall will remain on top.

Back