predictions.... Division 1 District 3

THEQB

Six-man fan
Way too quiet this year fellas. The week we have all been waiting for is finally here and its...... crickets!!!
Wake up grab some coffee and lets hear predictions on any of these games this week.

Emery vs Mt Carmel- Lost both 65 and 52 and a wr.
Bca vs Oakwood- BCA lost tons. 3 all state including QB, RB, LB and DB. They will need some kids to step up to compete. Oakwood lost all district rb/lb. Should still be a solid program this year.
katy vs RR- Katy lost center, kicker/wr, Qb, but they still have #32. he seems to make yards no matter who's blocking fro him. RR Lost QB and wr. QB may be tough to recover from.
Logos vs OCC - Lost their #4 back and #99 i believe but should be fine- OCC lost almost all their talent. Should be an interesting year for them with a new coach but I hear he is pretty solid.
Omega vs Living Stones - Living Stones down on numbers and have already cancelled a few games. Omega should be solid as usual
FBCA vs High Island- we lost #25 Drager which was QB/RB/LB, #8 TE/LB. Still have Houston though and he's a stud. #4 is a heavy hitter and should be fun to watch! Also picked up a few kids that should make an impact.

I am making the 2 hr drive to see some games at Emery tomorrow and Saturday. I want to see High Island and their new coach play. Seems like they will hold their ground against FBCA when they spread them out.
I believe Oakwood and Baytown are at Bryan Classic. Should be a good contest there. May go catch this one too.
Logos should easily roll OCC.
Mt Carmel is down, Emery wins tonight.
Katy and HC, Pick Em
Omega 45's LS

Big question this year is Dallas Lutheran. And who in the heck put Midland Trinity so high on the food chain??

RollTide14":36ymjak6 said:
I am making the 2 hr drive to see some games at Emery tomorrow and Saturday. I want to see High Island and their new coach play. Seems like they will hold their ground against FBCA when they spread them out.
I believe Oakwood and Baytown are at Bryan Classic. Should be a good contest there. May go catch this one too.
Logos should easily roll OCC.
Mt Carmel is down, Emery wins tonight.
Katy and HC, Pick Em
Omega 45's LS

Big question this year is Dallas Lutheran. And who in the heck put Midland Trinity so high on the food chain??

The Bryan Classic will be the place to be at Saturday night around 8:30!!! Guarantee that! December 12th doesn't come fast enough!

Ahh,Calvert vs Marshall Christian!
Calvert wins but Marshall is no pushover. Marshall has a pretty good team this season.

A Calvert vs Baytown matchup would have been the showcase game.

yung'en":e5zwjl2s said:
Huntsville Alpha Omega plays Lake Jackson Brazosport on Saturday at 5 at Emery

I guess living stones threw in the towel this year.. they have canceled several games.

RollTide14":16qazndh said:
Calvert wins but Marshall is no pushover. Marshall has a pretty good team this season.

Take every game like it's December 12th!

THAT_GUY_SHELTON":dyfxugsk said:
RollTide14":dyfxugsk said:

Take every game like it's December 12th!

ok.

That guy shelton, I do believe you coach at Calvert, but I'd be cautious speaking about December 12 in August.
THAT'S POSTER BOARD MATERIAL FOR JONESBORO AND RICHLAND SPRINGS.

I'm sure if your head coach saw this he'd probably tell you to focus MORE on the X's & O's and spend MUCH less time on here trash talking about Dec. 12.
There's 3 solid teams in Div. II that can play with (beat) Calvert on any given day.
Mt. Calm, Richland Springs, Jonesboro.

I can tell you're a very young (guessing 1st year) coach.

When was the last time you saw at Trey Ritchie (borden county), Terry crawford (abbott), Toby Goodwin (ira), Nathan Hayes (Crowell) get on here and talk about a state title game in AUGUST.

I'm pretty sure IF/Once your head coach reads this, He'll be pulling you in and speaking to you.
He don't roll that way. I played for him, So in know.

Also,
The place to be for the kick off classics is JAYTON not Bryan Allen.

Look at who plays at JAYTON and compare it to ALL of the other kickoff classics.

Wonder Dog":ttj3qiwt said:
That guy shelton, I do believe you coach at Calvert, but I'd be cautious speaking about December 12 in August.
THAT'S POSTER BOARD MATERIAL FOR JONESBORO AND RICHLAND SPRINGS.

I'm sure if your head coach saw this he'd probably tell you to focus MORE on the X's & O's and spend MUCH less time on here trash talking about Dec. 12.
There's 3 solid teams in Div. II that can play with (beat) Calvert on any given day.
Mt. Calm, Richland Springs, Jonesboro.

I can tell you're a very young (guessing 1st year) coach.

When was the last time you saw at Trey Ritchie (borden county), Terry crawford (abbott), Toby Goodwin (ira), Nathan Hayes (Crowell) get on here and talk about a state title game in AUGUST.

I'm pretty sure IF/Once your head coach reads this, He'll be pulling you in and speaking to you.
He don't roll that way. I played for him, So in know.

First off, let me be the first to say that there will never be any "trash talk" commented by myself or anybody from the Calvert organization. When I speak of December 12, I speak of it as our goal, not our guarantee. And I know every other coach no matter the team has the same goal.

To comment on your "judgment " of myself: I am not a first year coach, nor do my words affect my position.

I will never predict a state game nor trash talk another team. I am very confident of my boys as any coach should be!

Trojan Nation!!

That guy shelton,

Pretty much all the COACHES that are trying and preaching to get to December 12 ain't on here talking about getting to December 12, Nor are their assts. I'm sure the coaches talk to their kids AT PRACTICE but not on any of the social media sites, like you're doing.
Except for Calverts asst coach.

I can tell you're pretty young because, Guessing no older than 24.

But you do what floats Calvert's Boat, But I'm pretty sure if your head coach reads this I'm betting you have a meeting with him.

All I'm saying is, Do you see asst coaches or head coaches of Richland Springs, Jonesboro, Borden County, Crowell, Abbott, May on here at all talking about December 12,
NO YOU DON'T, and it's because they're much more mature and they know not to add gasoline to fire.
PLUS THEY ACT PROFESSIONAL AT WHAT THEY DO

I interrupt this ignorance for a station identification....
If u guys wanna argue that's fine, do it on your own thread!!!
I'm trying to get some input on first week results!

Emery sticks to their guns and usually are a pretty vanilla team. Mt Carmel must have some issues if they got dominated!!

Well, right now, Emery is on fire. They are defiantly in the frontrunner category with FBCA and Logos. FBCA has an easy schedule until district play looks like. Katy floats on easy street also. Katy lost to Gorman last week by a wide margin. Not sure what happened there??? Is Gorman good enough to beat a good Div 1 Tapps opponent??
Wth is up with Baytown? Why forfeit to Chester?? Logos looks strong as always early on. Omega looks to be doing well, on a so-so schedule tho. Thoughts????? Its too quiet in here!

I think the District comes down to the battle of the two 11 man programs. Logos Prep and Emery! Alpha will shock a lot of people this year and will have a deep run in the playoffs but the enrollment numbers in football at Logos and Emery is a huge advantage.

Isn't sixman for smaller schools with low enrollment numbers? Thats like allowing a 2A UIL team to play sixman and dominate at will.
Sounds like Logos and Emery this year then!! I think Alpha will shock a few teams as well this season.
Cannot wait for District 3 to start playing.

Back