Playoffs 2015

Gentlemen, I need to confess that my post regarding what I perceived as poor sportsmanship on the part of Baytown was presumptuous and arrogant on my part. As a fan, I do not have the knowledge of what goes on on the field nor am I in the difficult position of a coach being judged (wrongly judged in this instance) week in and week out. I offer my apologies to Coach Wiggins for posting this publicly before I gave him the courtesy of responding to what I intended to write. Coach Wiggins was kind enough to send me a private message with his phone number asking me to call him. I called in "fear and trembling" but spoke with a very gracious coach. Cougar1414, your response is what made me re-think my actions so my thanks to you. To any others I have offended, I offer my apologies to you as well and commit to keeping my mouth shut on matters I have no knowledge (or not enough knowledge) of. Once again, my apologies to Coach Wiggins, the Baytown team and their fans. My best wishes to the Baytown kids, coaches and fans on their matchup with Midland Trinity this coming week.

proudofkids":t2k0ii61 said:
Gentlemen, I need to confess that my post regarding what I perceived as poor sportsmanship on the part of Baytown was presumptuous and arrogant on my part. As a fan, I do not have the knowledge of what goes on on the field nor am I in the difficult position of a coach being judged (wrongly judged in this instance) week in and week out. I offer my apologies to Coach Wiggins for posting this publicly before I gave him the courtesy of responding to what I intended to write. Coach Wiggins was kind enough to send me a private message with his phone number asking me to call him. I called in "fear and trembling" but spoke with a very gracious coach. Cougar1414, your response is what made me re-think my actions so my thanks to you. To any others I have offended, I offer my apologies to you as well and commit to keeping my mouth shut on matters I have no knowledge (or not enough knowledge) of. Once again, my apologies to Coach Wiggins, the Baytown team and their fans. My best wishes to the Baytown kids, coaches and fans on their matchup with Midland Trinity this coming week.

I have been hesitant to post on this topic and I am glad it was handled with honesty and integrity. It would have been tough to listen to someone attack a organization such as tapps or a school like baytown and not erupt, because of misinformation or misinterpretation, but this I think is why this thread and website exist. I have the upmost respect for the coach for obviously handling this outside the thread.. Also respect for the poster for contacting him.

Now let's move on...
Emery vs Pasadena
Baytown vs midland

U know me.. Another thread coming... Yes semis...

bbrav54":2pzmiwt0 said:
I was thinking the same. But the district 3 teams would not want to underestimate Midland

Not overlooking Midland, but our fan discussion was toughest district. And being (so far) D3 has 3-2 lead over D1 and also hosting 3 of the 4 final teams...I would say they are the toughest. But good football has been played around the state.

TheQB, Breakdown of BC v Watagua game. BC was just dominate running the ball at the much smaller Watauga D. BC had a nice game plan on the defensive side of the ball. Midland should be concerned. I think BC wins the whole thing. Watauga #6 did get injured during the game unknown to coaches and or players (Concussion).

I want to go watch BC v Midland game does anyone know where it will be played.

Dbsmithegg83":2mzupzbc said:
TheQB, Breakdown of BC v Watagua game. BC was just dominate running the ball at the much smaller Watauga D. BC had a nice game plan on the defensive side of the ball. Midland should be concerned. I think BC wins the whole thing. Watauga #6 did get injured during the game unknown to coaches and or players (Concussion).

I want to go watch BC v Midland game does anyone know where it will be played.

Thanks for the info. I wish I could have made that one. BC hits hard and they are very aggressive on both sides of the ball. I would not be surprised if a few kids got rocked other than 6. Hats off to the Kks for pulling through and finishing the game for his team. I have not heard where the BC bs Midland game will be played but of its anything like the last game they played it will be dang near in Mexico! lol

We have not heard from rocket man since last round
Trinity has been running over teams. They get a easier path to the state championship not having to go through Fiirst Baptist or Emery. I feel they are a team with lots of depth and determination. They put it on Austin Hills and nobody has done that.

TheQB what is Kks? You are correct a few Watauga kids did get rocked. All part of the game. Besides #6 concussion I know #88 had to come out for a while as did #15 both returned. #15 got injured on a play that WWE Vince McMahon would have been proud of, one of the better illegal body slams (Flagged) I've seen in a football game. I know #7 for BC was injured (knee or ankle I think) and I don't think he returned. Wishing all the kids a speedy recovery.

We all talk about how hard teams play and who we want to win or lose. In TAPPS I like the talk about the Christian attitudes displayed during the game. I've already talked about Katy V Watauga and what class they both displayed. But I have to tell you about the last play in Friday nights game. Watauga #7 who is a key player for them has been out all year with a major knee injury. He suited up and was able to take the field one last time. BC took a knee and BC players on the field extended their hands and hugs to him. Classy move after a hard fought win. Stay Christian

Dbsmithegg83":1wvuur4m said:
TheQB what is Kks? You are correct a few Watauga kids did get rocked. All part of the game. Besides #6 concussion I know #88 had to come out for a while as did #15 both returned. #15 got injured on a play that WWE Vince McMahon would have been proud of, one of the better illegal body slams (Flagged) I've seen in a football game. I know #7 for BC was injured (knee or ankle I think) and I don't think he returned. Wishing all the kids a speedy recovery.

KK= kid
Sorry bout that...

Sorry about the quietness, got a little cought up in my work. Anyone hear what happened at the Emery vs. Rockwall game? I had Rockwall winning but they lost by 32?! What happened?

I actually went to that game. I have a hunting cabin 25 minutes from Groesbeck so I went to catch the game. Emery just punched them in the mouth. They were physical and LOUD!!! I don't know how the Rockwall coach bit his tongue but the coaches on the other side were border line obnoxious. Granted they were pumped about coming out and setting the tone early but then with under 1:30 to play and up by 2-3 td's they are airing it out instead of taking a knee. Not too classy but nonetheless a huge statement for them. Congrats to Emery!
Emery had some great defense and completely shut Rockwalls run down. What really struck me was after repeatedly stuffing the run they never tried to make an adjustment and get away from the inside dives. Very few pass plays and very little spread. Granted that may not have been their bread and butter but when you run out of bread... you better try something else.
Emery did pretty much whatever they wanted. They are very well coached, and discipline. They ran with little resistance out of a pistol type spread and passed the ball all over the field. Rockwall could not cover them. Receivers continued to get behind Rockwall defenders with ease. The only way Emery got stopped offensively was from mis-snaps, few penalties, and incomplete passes. Other than that an overall dominating performance by Emery.
Kudos to the Rockwall fans for making the trip. They outnumbered Emery 2-1.
Emery vs Pasadena should be fun to watch.

Thanks for the insight! Rockwall seemed to have a standout defense the time I watched them play but sounds like otherwise. Congrats to Emery and the other 3 teams that advanced. Hopefully some of these games are close so I can go watch!

RocketMan4":211s275m said:
Thanks for the insight! Rockwall seemed to have a standout defense the time I watched them play but sounds like otherwise. Congrats to Emery and the other 3 teams that advanced. Hopefully some of these games are close so I can go watch!

The Emory vs FBCA is going to be in the Houston area. And from what I hear, the east side of Houston. I get to check a local State Semi game.

The BCA vs Midland game will be some where around San Antonio or Austin area in sure.

Hey guys, I was at the Baytown Watauga Harvest game last week and Baytown was "beastly". The score could have actually been worse had the coach not had his offense kneeling with more than a minute to play in the game and on Watauga's end of the field. Baytown is big and fast. They are disciplined when it comes to holding their blocks and the running backs are patient in waiting for holes and if the hole doesn't exist they create one. I was unaware that Watauga's #6 had a concussion. I thought that there were protocols in place which had to be followed if a player showed any signs of a concussion. Regardless, he played the entire game. He did break a couple of long runs but Baytown kept him contained for the most part. For that reason, Watauga was never able to get their passing game going. They did have a few long passes but even then their receivers were covered up by the Baytown defense. #9 for Watauga is a great receiver. I was looking at his statistics on TAPPSTER and he had something like 25 TDs this year. I don't think he had any against Baytown (I could be wrong on that but I don't remember one). All of at to say, Baytown is a better team and their coaches had a game plan that worked. They kept #6 in the pocket and they were fast enough to keep him from breaking loose. I'd like to see the BC Midland game but Cherokee is about 4 hours from here. Good luck to both teams.

POK thanks for the breakdown! Wish I could have made that game then again I'm glad I didn't drive that far to see a butt whipping! Classy for baytown to kneel.. Didn't see that last game I attended. Baytown is definently big, strong, and fast. They present alot of matchup issues for opposing defenses when running the ball. There defense is extremely fast and hard to run away from any certain player. Unlike the midlands, emerys, or Rockwall they have probably the least amount of kids suited up and the game
I went to I think I saw them all on the field at one time or another. They are deep with athletes. Hoping to see Pasadena vs baytown in the state game. That would be a great game. Since AHC is gone I'm pulling for baytown.

Here are picks:

FBCA vs Emery ---- FBCA by 30
BC vs Midland ---- BC by 15

Final
BC vs FBCA ------ FBCA by 10

I think all games will be exciting and fun to watch.

Back