Playoffs 2015

HCASaints

11-man fan
TAPPS has released a partial Div 1 playoff bracket pending the final game in district 3 today. Here is how it stans right now.

First round

Abilene Christian at
Giddings State

Red Oak Oville at
Emery or Pasadena
---------------------------

Emery or Pasadena at neutral site vs
Waco Vanguard

Rockwall Heritage - bye
-------------------------

Probably Sugarland at
Midland Trinity

Austin Hill Country - bye
------------------------

Katy Faith West at
Watauga Harvest

Baytown - bye

Pasadena beats Emery 44-20 so....

Pasadena will host Ovilla in the first round.

Emery will play Waco Vanguard at neutral site.

Playoff Predictions week 1

Abilene over Giddings by 20
Pasadena over Ovilla by 30
Emery over Waco by 45
Midland over Sugar Land by 10
Watauga over Katy by 15

What do you think?

Am I the only guy that thinks it's ridiculous to have 13 out of 17 teams going to the playoffs? Shouldn't the playoffs be for the teams that are most competitive?

Our school has been at the top of the rankings and closer to the bottom, and I've felt the same way regardless. The first week or two of the playoffs are always kinda pointless. Is it a fundraiser for TAPPS, or is it just "everybody gets a ribbon"?

I think it has more to do with 3 divisions than anything else. It's a natural result when the numbers within each division are so few. I'm hopeful we can go back to 2 divisions, I believe it was more competitive all around. I'd certainly be in favor of it.

Logos and Katy both predicted to get 45'd this week!
Midland should be able to handle Logos but Katy is no pushover at Watauga.
May be closer games than they are expecting.

I think Kathy and Watauga will be a close game. I watched a few of Kathy games without their stud running back and the looked good. With their stud running back, they might upset Watauga this week.

Really depends how Katy responds to the spread. Won't take long to figure that out. Katy's 32 hits the hole hard so will see how watauga responds to that. I think it will be close and could
Go either way.

Watauga seems overrated to me. Were 45d two times and struggled with THESA. I love watching them play because they are a scrappy bunch and seem to be good kids but I'm just not sure they have what they had last year. Not sure they can get past Katy. I always like cheering for the underdog though - which in my mind Watauga is. They showed us last year. Good luck guys.

Watauga definently not the underdog with that spread back. Anytime an offense has an explosive spread back its hard to stop unless you have a tremendous amount of speed. I'm not sure Katy has that. I do know they have a powerful running game and if watauga does not tackle well they will have their hands full trying to stop #32.

proudofkids":3w0rrkni said:
Watauga seems overrated to me. Were 45d two times and struggled with THESA. I love watching them play because they are a scrappy bunch and seem to be good kids but I'm just not sure they have what they had last year. Not sure they can get past Katy. I always like cheering for the underdog though - which in my mind Watauga is. They showed us last year. Good luck guys.

To your point, Katy was 45'd twice and had trouble with a few teams also. Watauga the underdog? I think both teams have had to struggle with personnel this year. Both teams came back strong at the end of the season as well so it should be back to normal with both teams. Should be a good contest.

Watauga definently not the underdog with that spread back. Anytime an offense has an explosive spread back its hard to stop unless you have a tremendous amount of speed. I'm not sure Katy has that. I do know they have a powerful running game and if watauga does not tackle well they will have their hands full trying to stop #32.

I know that Watauga is technically not the underdog - I was saying to me they are the underdog. I also said they are a scrappy bunch of kids and that I am rooting for them. I have head that they had some key injuries throughout the year but I'm sure most teams have had to deal with that. Regardless, I enjoy watching all the teams and especially enjoy seeing Christlike character manifested by players, coaches and fans.

I have seen a couple of games with Watauga. They do have a good spread back...but when he went out with an injury, the offense looked like a different team. Hope he is healthy...

Watauga always seems to have their doubters. I know the last two weeks people have predicted the upset picking against Watauga. Watauga does have a a very good spread back. I don't think I am giving up a secret by saying that. Watauga has other offensive weapons who are very good. If they all contribute I'm thinking Watauga will advance.

Katy is a powerful running team and big up front.

I am also going to pick Rockwall and Midland to advance after round 2 both are very good. Whoever advances between Katy and Watauga will have their hands full with Baytown.

Dbsmithegg83":20wtp4su said:
Watauga always seems to have their doubters. I know the last two weeks people have predicted the upset picking against Watauga. Watauga does have a a very good spread back. I don't think I am giving up a secret by saying that. Watauga has other offensive weapons who are very good. If they all contribute I'm thinking Watauga will advance.

Katy is a powerful running team and big up front.

I am also going to pick Rockwall and Midland to advance after round 2 both are very good. Whoever advances between Katy and Watauga will have their hands full with Baytown.

I don't think anyone necessarily is doubting watauga... I think most of us down in the south are just a little gun shy after last year. Watauga will probably be the hardest of the 3 teams up North primarily because #6 is tough to stop. Have to agree with Phil and say if #6 is not healthy they will be in for a rude awakening right out of the gate with a physical, well disciplined Katy team.
Midland should beat SL but will face AHC after that. Should be a good game. Rockwall may have their work cut out for them with Emery. Pasadena and Baytown have to be the favorites. Pasadena has turned it on and Baytown swept their district. They are probably the hardest to match up with because they have like 5 running backs. The game I went to they used them all and they were all pretty good backs with lots of speed.

Looks like midland crushed SL as expected. That was a long trip out to Midland to get 45'd so quick. Hate they went out like that on their last 6 man game. Should be an interesting transition to 11 man next year for them. Midland vs AHC should be a good game! Not sure which one to go to this week. Watauga and Baytown should be a great game as well. Should be a similar game as last nights Katy vs Watauga game. Baytown runs strong like Katy. If anyone has location confirmation please post.

Back