Playoffs 2015

So Emery wins!!
2 of probably the biggest schools in Tapps going at it...
Those of u who know me know I'm a Cinderella guy and neither of these are Cinderella but congrats to both.
I'm taking Emery and hoping they dominate just for chargers!!
Go Emery!!

Charger thank you for the clarification about bad sportsmanship. I understand no one likes losing but it is a part of playing sports and probably the hardest part to make young men understand. Hopefully they will learn from the difficult loss, and correct the unsportsmans like behavior.

Congratulations to Midland I hope I didn't imply that BC had any players out of the game my only question is why was it such a low scoring game and did the weather have an impact? Both teams had to play in it so part of sports.

I am taking Midland to beat Emery.

Chargers":2awgq4wz said:
Ok Guy this is the deal Midland Trinity is the real deal. And yes the post about the bad sportsmanship on Baytown and the way they act is true. I witnessed this with my own eyes and heard with my own ears. Throught the run to state everyone has counted Midland out, and when they beat a team the reply is, the team must have had someone out. Midland has had some key players out for the pass 2 game.

Any specific details on those "bad sportsmanship"?

Coug, I see you just joined up on the Board this Fall. Welcome. But, no, the North is stronger. Sure, Emory has a tough team, but overall, the North has better talent. You'll see at the All Star game, which the North has won the last few years. Anyway, welcome to the Board!

phil":2n78ke2t said:
Coug, I see you just joined up on the Board this Fall. Welcome. But, no, the North is stronger. Sure, Emory has a tough team, but overall, the North has better talent. You'll see at the All Star game, which the North has won the last few years. Anyway, welcome to the Board!

Are you serious???
That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard on this board yet...
The north has more talent?
LOL!!!
If i remember correctly the South have dominated the last couple of years and I mean dominated!
May want to do some research before you you try and warm those fingers by typing on your key board!
Anyway.... welcome to the board...

Chargers":3iw57txv said:
Ok Guy this is the deal Midland Trinity is the real deal. And yes the post about the bad sportsmanship on Baytown and the way they act is true. I witnessed this with my own eyes and heard with my own ears. Throught the run to state everyone has counted Midland out, and when they beat a team the reply is, the team must have had someone out. Midland has had some key players out for the pass 2 game.

hmmmmm... hey "GUY".. Midland trinity is the real deal! Wait did Midland have someone out???
At the end of the day Midland was very lucky to even make it out of the semis... The weather unfortunately played a huge roll in the Baytown game and they could not get a handle on the football. That showed with the way they dominated in the first half. Rain came down second half and the tides turned.
The finals should have been a rematch of Baytown and Emery because last nights game was definently not the best 2 teams in the state. It was a long drive to watch such a lopsided game. Congrats to both Midland and Emery on a great season.
Good luck to everyone next year and excited to see how things shake out with the new districts and rivalries that form.

THEQB":2pha8n9x said:
phil":2pha8n9x said:

Are you serious???
That is the most ridiculous statement I have heard on this board yet...
The north has more talent?
LOL!!!
If i remember correctly the South have dominated the last couple of years and I mean dominated!
May want to do some research before you you try and warm those fingers by typing on your key board!
Anyway.... welcome to the board...

Maybe we could get Brad Clanton, Jeremy Wentrcek, Jesse Erhart, and Tyler Sanders to chime in on the overall history and record associated with the Private School all-star game, North vs. South. (You may just want to start another thread on this topic. Stick it under the Private school topics where the all-star stuff is, they'll respond and you'll get the total history.) I know both groups never get 100% of their choices, some schools elect not to participate, some individual players start basketball etc. Making those decisions regarding selections can be unbelievably difficult too. But those that do have the opportunity to, and choose to play, always have a great time no matter what the outcome. (At least that's what I've witnessed on the South end...) It's certainly not worth getting into the "well if the kids from such and such school had played..." For many it's the last time they'll ever suit up. And I can promise you it's a fun game to watch. In regards to the overall speed of the game it gets bumped up a notch. If you've ever invited an 8th grader or two to stand on the sideline to be a ball boy at a varsity game and watched their eyes get big when they realize how much faster the game is... you get the idea.

The only years I'm positive on the outcomes are the ones I was associated with it directly.
2005 North won
2006 South won
2008 South won
20011 South won

I finally just called Clanton and here’s what we pieced together.

2001 South won
2002 North won
2003 South won Regents last 6-man season
2004 North probably won according to Clanton but we’re not sure because 04 and 05 are fuzzy dare I even mention this name, Stephen Baca. I think 2004 was the South and Baca was on the 2005 team where the North won as stated previously.
2006 South won
2007 ?
2008 South won
2009 ?
2010 ?
2011 South won
2012 North
2013 South
2014 South
2015 we’ll see

Lou thanks for the info bud. Appreciate you doing the leg work on that. Anyone know where the all star game is this year?

1407 Victory Ln.
Alvin, TX 77511
Date/Time: Saturday Dec. 12 6:00pm kick-off

Congratulations to both Emery and Midland on a great season. While I thought BC would win the whole thing after beating Watauga. I wouldn't take anything away from Midland. They beat BC in the rain and earned the right. Both teams had to play in the rain so no excuses. Injuries and weather sometimes can play a factor if a team wins or losses but most teams have to deal with adversity.

The All Star game should be fun. I've never been to one but will go this year I just wish it was more centrally located. With all that talent in one game I am curious if any college coaches attend the game.

Back