Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

DirtyBayBulldog

11-man fan
Game of the week? Probably. Two solid programs will battle this Friday. These two teams must really wanted to play each other!!! As a fan, I don't mind it one bit.

This looks to be a solid Veritas team. Again. Has played some pretty salty opponents as well. I expect for them to be BCA's toughest opponent to date, and that's saying something being BCA has played Zephyr, Richland Springs and Stephenville Faith!!!

I believe this game will be decided with BCA defense vs Veritas Offense. If Veritas can do what no one has done this year and find success against BCA defense then I give the edge to Veritas.

Homer prediction says BCA but it's a PK for me on the week. Just gonna sit back this week and watch the haymaker fly!!!!!!

That will be a great game.

Baytown Christian played Zephyr, Richland Springs and Stephenville Faith? I don’t see any of those teams on their schedule?

Baytown has some athletes as does Veritas. This should be a very interesting game. Baytown always has a very competitive program being a d3 as does Fredericksburg, and San Marcos. Those names are always thrown out there come playoff time but I’m not sure baytown can hang here. Anyone know what happened to the schedule? I thought baytown played wichita this week and looking at the schedule they were removed. I think it may be a fair game but taking veritas by 20.

jaguars_rule":31d8rui7 said:

Baytown Christian played Zephyr, Richland Springs and Stephenville Faith? I don’t see any of those teams on their schedule?

Me either.... i don’t even rem any of those games last year

jaguars_rule":2smdb0cj said:

Scrimmages. Don't say "that doesn't count as a game"...by play I mean competed on the field of play. Lol

Haven't heard any word from the team as to why the Wichita game was moved. Doesn't look like Wichita has a replacement game. Maybe travel issue.

That too would have been a great D3 game. Could be the football gods saving that matchup for State.

This should be a good game. Scheduling games like these between top teams in their respective divisions prepare you come playoff time. Both teams have roster sizes over 20 this year. But, it will come down to athletes vs. athletes and execution. Interested to see the score Friday night.

Even using the “why test” there are a few of these spreads that don’t make much sense to me. One is the BCA and Veritas spread. It may just be the other way around. IMO

Johnny South":3ox1ztj7 said:
Even using the “why test” there are a few of these spreads that don’t make much sense to me. One is the BCA and Veritas spread. It may just be the other way around. IMO

Agree this spread is high but I’m not sure Baytown can turn this the other way. Thinking they can keep it closer than the 40 but would be a big surprise to me to see them outright win this one.

I’ve seen both teams. Veritas is a really solid team but lacks the speed they’ve had in years past. Baytown is fast and physical. 40 points is WAY too much of a spread in Veritas favor.

40 points?

Kinda subjective spread.

Wow, this should light a fire under the team. Given what Ives seen on Maxprep from all the player highlights, Veritas is in need of some speed if they hope to compete.

Gonna say BCA by 27

DirtyBayBulldog":1mwswob1 said:
40 points?

Kinda subjective spread.

Wow, this should light a fire under the team. Given what Ives seen on Maxprep from all the player highlights, Veritas is in need of some speed if they hope to compete.

Gonna say BCA by 27

Understand rooting for your home team but wow thats a huge swing

It comes down to coaching and program traditions. Let’s not forget Veritas is a D1 program and they have seen speed. I think the spread is accurate. Veritas is not going to let a D3 beat them period! I hope the game is not a over by half.

Cougar1414":32t9wmod said:
It comes down to coaching and program traditions. Let’s not forget Veritas is a D1 program and they have seen speed. I think the spread is accurate. Veritas is not going to let a D3 beat them period! I hope the game is not a over by half.

Again, I’ve seen both teams. Veritas is well coached and has the best QB in TAPPS...But Baytown is not your average D-3 team. The are FAST and extremely physical on both sides of the ball.

Birdman96":1iei6wtk said:
I’ve seen both teams. Veritas is a really solid team but lacks the speed they’ve had in years past. Baytown is fast and physical. 40 points is WAY too much of a spread in Veritas favor.

I have not seen Veritas this year but they have 5 returning offensive players a 5 defensive players. little #2 was a freshman last year and that kid can fly. Not sure why you say they lack speed/ #10 is also a stud. The qb threw for over 2000 yards last year and has a great arm. This team has almost has their entire offense and defensive state team back out there.

Old76er":1wcpedht said:
Birdman96":1wcpedht said:

I have not seen Veritas this year but they have 5 returning offensive players a 5 defensive players. little #2 was a freshman last year and that kid can fly. Not sure why you say they lack speed/ #10 is also a stud. The qb threw for over 2000 yards last year and has a great arm. This team has almost has their entire offense and defensive state team back out there.

#2 (first team all state RB) is out for the season with torn ACL. #10 has a broken foot.

man I hate to hear that. Maybe that explains the spread and def lack of speed. Anyone know if Baytown is healthy? How long has those kids been out? If it happened recently then maybe that explains the spread

Old76er":hvnzaabz said:
man I hate to hear that. Maybe that explains the spread and def lack of speed. Anyone know if Baytown is healthy? How long has those kids been out? If it happened recently then maybe that explains the spread

Veritas has been banged up all season. #2 and #10 went down in the same scrimmage.

Back