Who u got round 2!?

THEQB

Six-man fan
Emery vs Rockwall
Rockwall -45
Where do they come up with these spreads? That should be a close game. No way a 45...
Picking Emery for the upset

Watauga vs baytown...
Watauga -28!!???
I figured 12 but not 28? This should fuel a fire under baytown. Not a good thing to do with a big physical team. Watauga better be ready
Picking Watauga -12
Pulling for the underdog baytown

Giddings vs Pasadena
Fbca -33
I think this one is the only close spread
Picking Pasadena -30

Midland vs AHC
Midland -45
Ain't gonna happen....
Picking midland -16
Pulling for AHC though.

I was wondering who does the spreads on these as well. Seems to be who they like rather than realistic possibilities. I'm not a gambler so I don't know how it works but it doesn't seem legit.

Emery vs Rockwall
Rockwall (strong defense)

Watauga vs Baytown...
Watauga (fast spread back)

Giddings vs Pasadena
Pasadena (good coaching)

Midland vs AHC
Midland (too many injuries for AHC)

Its easy.

Dist 1 starts every game as a huge 25,30, or 45 pt favorite over all Dist 2 and 3 opponents.

Pigskin Prep has much better insight. I just laugh at all the spreads here. Makes no sense.

phil":1jgyb490 said:
Emery vs Rockwall

Watauga vs Baytown...

Giddings vs Pasadena
Pasadena (good coaching)

Midland vs AHC

Rockwall strong defense? Sure. But....Emery has allowed only 186 pts this year. Rockwall has allowed 95 more points than Emery this season. Also, Emery has scored 100 pts more than Rockwall. Emery has the stronger defense playing against its tough district.

Have to agree with RT here...
Rockwall will have their hands full. Emery is a tough team and their points for and against show that. I also think that Emery faced tougher competition than Rockwall being the district they were in. I am predicting the upset here. I think Emery surprises everyone except the teams in District 3.

RollTide14":2ouymoje said:
Its easy.

Dist 1 starts every game as a huge 25,30, or 45 pt favorite over all Dist 2 and 3 opponents.

Pigskin Prep has much better insight. I just laugh at all the spreads here. Makes no sense.

Only thing I can think is the people doing these rankings are from the North and do not get down to the South to watch them play. I mean Katy was predicted to get 45'd by Watauga last week and from what I heard they actually had a strong chance of winning that game.

I saw were Katy was winning after the first quarter. I noticed the second quarter hurt Katy don’t know what happened in the second quarter but they only scored 1 touch down. But, Watauga does have a good spread back. If he is the same #6 that my son played last year, he will be very hard to stop.

Point spreads are always fun but not always accurate.

Emery v Rockwall will be a great game. I think Rockwall will win a close one. I had no idea that ACH had some injury issues. If that is indeed true I'll take Midland. I think Midland would win either way. Pasadena wins in a blowout against Giddings. BC v Watauga while I would like to see Watauga win. I have my doubts, have you seen BC they are HUGE and fast. Size may be to much for Watauga. I don't see how they can beat BC. This game is where they got it wrong BC should be the favorite. BC should be the favorite the rest of the way with the exception of Pasadena.

Emery v Rockwall----Rockwall
Pasadena v Giddings---- Pasadena
Midland v ACH---- Midland
Watauga v BC---- BC
final 4 will have 2 teams from each D1 and D3

Dbsmithegg83":32yzqnoy said:
Point spreads are always fun but not always accurate.

Emery v Rockwall will be a great game. I think Rockwall will win a close one. I had no idea that ACH had some injury issues. If that is indeed true I'll take Midland. I think Midland would win either way. Pasadena wins in a blowout against Giddings. BC v Watauga while I would like to see Watauga win. I have my doubts, have you seen BC they are HUGE and fast. Size may be to much for Watauga. I don't see how they can beat BC. This game is where they got it wrong BC should be the favorite. BC should be the favorite the rest of the way with the exception of Pasadena.

Emery v Rockwall----Rockwall
Pasadena v Giddings---- Pasadena
Midland v ACH---- Midland
Watauga v BC---- BC
final 4 will have 2 teams from each D1 and D3

Yea I had no idea AHC had multiple injuries either... I may have to retract my underdog bid now! lol
Going with Baytown or Emery as my underdog favorites now!

Yes I have seen BC play 1 game this year and they are big and have alot of speed. I think the overall team speed will give #6 a look that he may not have seen all year. They have a few kids on that team that I dang sure wouldn't want to get hit by, couple of monsters that are extremely quick for their size.

I also agree that BC should be favored the rest of the way if they squeeze by Watauga but I also think they should be favored against Pasadena because BC beat Pasadena already this year and I believe it was in Pasadena as well.

RollTide14":f9u2gdd7 said:
phil":f9u2gdd7 said:
Emery vs Rockwall

Watauga vs Baytown...

Giddings vs Pasadena
Pasadena (good coaching)

Midland vs AHC

Rockwall strong defense? Sure. But....Emery has allowed only 186 pts this year. Rockwall has allowed 95 more points than Emery this season. Also, Emery has scored 100 pts more than Rockwall. Emery has the stronger defense playing against its tough district.

Houston-Emery Weiner pre-district opponents record: 24-24. Emery Defense-17.18 points allowed per game

Rockwall Heritage pre-district opponents record: 31-19
Rockwall Deffense-26.1 points allowed per game

And as far as Emery playing in a "tough district", don't see how you could say district 1 is "not tough"?

Not sure what you are talking about bringing up "midland".. I think every team has been brought up here at one time. nobody is picking on midland. Midland is a good team no doubt. I think the only thing anyone said towards district 1 is that it is definently not as tough as district 3. If you have doubts you need to watch baytown or Pasadena. I mean Katy almost took down watauga! The 5 seed out of district 3. Not "rocket" science... Just kidding rocket....

Have you seen Giddings play or you just going off of what you have heard?
They run spread? I would assume so putting up as many points as they did last week.

Giddings State is a scrappy, fast and not-so disciplined team. They have speed, some size and they can hit but they will not beat the very disciplined team in Pasadena…

Giddings can score on the so/so defense of Pasadena. It often has holes in it. Its Pasadena's offense that is so good. They have like one trap play they run left and right and that's it...

Back