Round 1 Sugar Land/Midland----Midland

Round 1 AHC Bye

Round 1 Katy/Watuaga-----------Watauga

Round 1 Baytown Bye

Round 2 AHC/Midland-------------AHC

Round 2 Baytown/Watauga------Watauga

Semis AHC/Baytown--------------AHC

Finals AHC/Pasadena------------AHC

Pasadena is on a roll and playing great football. Rockwall will give them a good look but I don't think they can hang with them. Emery got exposed by both Baytown and Pasadena and last thing they want to do is see Pasadena again after last weeks shellacking!

Midland should take care of Logos but will see how strong district 3 really is after the #4 seed from the district gives them a physical game. I think the Katy and Watauga game will be interesting though I don't think Katy can stop #6. Baytown should beat Watauga. I don't think Watauga can matchup top to bottom with Baytown and Baytown should have enough speed to stop #6. AHC is my pick to win it all. Hudgens will have his team ready and knows what district 3 is all about after a beat down they put on Sugar Land. What can I say... I like the underdog! Lets hear it fellas.

Looks a little District 3 heavy. Could be right or wrong, that's the beauty of playoffs. The only things I would argue is having #1,2, and 3(Rockwall, Watauga, and Midland) all losing and not one of them advancing to finals. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

RocketMan4":2kv1pyt8 said:
Looks a little District 3 heavy. Could be right or wrong, that's the beauty of playoffs. The only things I would argue is having #1,2, and 3(Rockwall, Watauga, and Midland) all losing and not one of them advancing to finals. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

That's because Rockwall and Midland are good teams but are WAY overrated on this site. Early in the 2014 bracket:
Rockwall was knocked off by Pasadena
Midland was knocked off by Katy Faith West

Watauga has to deal with Katy this year. The winner gets a healthy Baytown Christian on a long win streak.
Rockwall will see Emery who has lost two games to Pasadena and Baytown after a red hot performance this year. Emery will ultimately play Pasadena again.

The bottom bracket has the best teams and will be where the state champ is crowned from this year. My guess is Pasadena dominates a rather easy bracket vs either Watauga, Baytown or Hill Country.

RocketMan4":28vr4ldn said:
So you're judging this year by last year?

Just to kind of agree with RT here....
I think alot of us here would definently judge last year and this year the same because the rankings concur with that. Last year there was alot of hype about Rockwall and Midland and Watauga. Rockwall (favored by 11) gets crushed by FBCA right out of the gate, Midland (favored by 35) gets dominated by Katy, and Watauga (barely beat Emery round 1 favored by 20).
Not trying to discredit what the those teams have done this year simply letting you know where the judgement comes from. Good luck to all the teams and looking forward to some exciting football.

Here are my picks for round 1

Gidding over Abilene

Pasadena over Red Oak

Emery over Waco Van

Midland over Logos

Watauga over Katy

Semis
Pasadena vs Rockwall
Baytown vs Austin Hill

Final - Pasadena vs Austin Hill

RocketMan4":3vj8txhm said:
Thanks for the confirmation.

MIdland will have AHC next week....
Any thoughts on that game Rocket??
Asssuming they can take care of SL the #3 or 4 seed in District 3 as they travel a grueling 7 hours to Midland.
Advantage Midland

That's a good idea...

What playoff games are you guys checking out this week?

I want to catch a 6-man and 11-man game. First Baptist is the only local game I can think of so thats my only option in the Houston area.

I'm catching the Watauga and Katy game on Friday, and the Emory and Waco game on Saturday! Gonna be a good match up on Friday but on Saturday it might be a blowout in favor of Emory.

Back