VHS Tapes & Scout Films - COACHES DONT THROW THEM OUT

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
I have an unbelievable amount of old format game films...8mm, 16mm, super8, mini discs ect...but far and away most are VHS tapes or DVDs. I have been working all month on pushing through boxes I have had for several years now as through the years various old technology I have have broken down and needed to be fixed or replaced...giving me an large backlog in need of converting and digitizing...BUT I am pushing through and am catching up slowly but surely!

As coaches move or retire and new coaches take over I would like to ask you not throw away old formatted game films or the stacks of scout films on dvd you have in the closet in the coaches office! You would be amazed how many games I have searched for that schools no longer have that have turned up in scout film stacks!

Recently working through over 100 scout film dvds a school just gave to me I found games I have asked about or searched for in he past...2012 & 2013 Grandfalls-Royalty games, 2009 & 2010 Garden City games, 2008 & 2009 Follett games...and a 2012 Blackwell v Panther Creek district game that Blackwell won with a last second FG to make the playoffs 58-54.

So coaches dont throw away those old game films...send them my way because I bet someone somewhere is looking for those game films!

Message me and I will take them off your hands!

I have an unbelievable amount of old format game films...8mm, 16mm, super8, mini discs ect...but far and away most are VHS tapes or DVDs. I have been working all month on pushing through boxes I have had for several years now as through the years various old technology I have have broken down and needed to be fixed or replaced...giving me an large backlog in need of converting and digitizing...BUT I am pushing through and am catching up slowly but surely!

As coaches move or retire and new coaches take over I would like to ask you not throw away old formatted game films or the stacks of scout films on dvd you have in the closet in the coaches office! You would be amazed how many games I have searched for that schools no longer have that have turned up in scout film stacks!

Recently working through over 100 scout film dvds a school just gave to me I found games I have asked about or searched for in he past...2012 & 2013 Grandfalls-Royalty games, 2009 & 2010 Garden City games, 2008 & 2009 Follett games...and a 2012 Blackwell v Panther Creek district game that Blackwell won with a last second FG to make the playoffs 58-54.

So coaches dont throw away those old game films...send them my way because I bet someone somewhere is looking for those game films!

Message me and I will take them off your hands!

I watch more of these films than I'm proud to admit. Thanks for getting these all converted and online.

One film I go yesterday was in a stack of scout films...a blow out game between eventual state champion Grandfalls-Royalty and Dell City in 2013...the opening few seconds the camera man is filming the coaches, one of which was my friend Matt Hoover laughing...it was great to see him laughing coaching for a team he always talked about. Joe Helms is also here...both died too soon...

good example of how even game films ha arent really that exciting might still hold great value to people

I would also like to point out that coaches should be saving digital copies and making hard copies of their games now. As you know hudl deletes old films and if you don have them saved in some way they are lost forever...I can tell you a lot of game films from around 2012-2015 are already lost because hudl deleted them and there were no backups.

so much of our lives now are digital and I cant help but think 200 years from now (maybe sooner) people will know so little about us because so much will be lost...we are living in a period of time that will seen as a dark age.

I would also like to point out that coaches should be saving digital copies and making hard copies of their games now. As you know hudl deletes old films and if you don have them saved in some way they are lost forever...I can tell you a lot of game films from around 2012-2015 are already lost because hudl deleted them and there were no backups.

so much of our lives now are digital and I cant help but think 200 years from now (maybe sooner) people will know so little about us because so much will be lost...we are living in a period of time that will seen as a dark age.
I have been thinking the same thing. With this Hudl crap, there will be no permanent record! When you get to the maximum storage, you start deleting and erasing, then it’s gone.

Back