Six-Man Film Archive Being Digitized

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
Many of you many remember this, about 12 years ago I started a six-man film preservation project & have since transferred over 1,000 game films (still taking film too!). I am sure I have talked to a great many of you about this and many coaches and ex-players have helped out greatly over the years. Those films were converted to dvds and now are in need of being digitized!

Charles Parks has finally coaxed me into digitizing those films! He has also been busy archive many films from the modern era as well which is greatly needed!

Tonight I will launch the Six-Man Films youtube channel where I will be uploading over time the full archive! These films span 7 decades, 1950s-to present day! I will try to upload 25 new films a week. Tonight we kick it off with 12 great films including 1985 Jayton playoff game, a 1956 Regional championship game, the 1991 State Game, 1999 Blackwell v Highland, 1998 Powers, OR v Gordon, TX, 2005 Throck v RS to hit the high notes! Check it out, subscribe to be updated when films are added, watch, and enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU0kxK ... xmKLJs7Tkg

Please if you have film let us know and we will get it converted and up as fast as possible, all formats are welcome! Im well versed and between Cowboy and myself we can get twice as much done!
He has started a small gofundme for himself to get some new equipment for him to work with and take on some more transfer work. Here is a link to that:
https://www.gofundme.com/film-transfer-devices

Leman thanks. I have watched the Norton and Sidney game twice already. There are at least 4 of Sidney's starters still living in this area. The coach for Sidney was Johnny Massengale who is in the Sixman hall of fame. I have heard this game talked about for most of my adult life.

Blue Bird":2pzdvcze said:
Leman thanks. I have watched the Norton and Sidney game twice already. There are at least 4 of Sidney's starters still living in this area. The coach for Sidney was Johnny Massengale who is in the Sixman hall of fame. I have heard this game talked about for most of my adult life.

That might be my favorite game film! Norton Cheerleaders and seeing the Norton kid play with a broke hand or arm...crazy!

Leman, you put one up a couple of weeks ago that I played in. After watching it, I’d like to discourage you from this project. I’d almost forgotten how terrible of a player I was.

oldfat&bald":1f8t128e said:
Leman, you put one up a couple of weeks ago that I played in. After watching it, I’d like to discourage you from this project. I’d almost forgotten how terrible of a player I was.

Sorry can't do that...but what your'e telling me is that I have blackmail potential here...hmm...that's an angle I haven't thought of before

Leman Saunders":5oq42pc6 said:
oldfat&bald":5oq42pc6 said:

Sorry can't do that...but what your'e telling me is that I have blackmail potential here...hmm...that's an angle I haven't thought of before

That’s a whole new way to pay for equipment to digitize film. ;-)

Back