Rumor Mill

So the McDowell boy his father is alumni, anymore alumni kids coming up, I also know Thompson was alumni also but he is graduating

Thats pretty incredible there is that many alumni boys what grade are those kids in?
Next year 4 of the 5 seniors are alumni kids . 3 of the 4 seniors this year were too. So this year’s upperclassmen 7 of 9 were alumni kids. I believe that’s part of the reason Miami fans were so invested this year beyond the history making season for the school, there were generations of warriors cheering on their young family members. Several more in the younger classes too.

Thats unheard of in most schools! Very interesting
Garden City is the same way. The Germans in St, Lawrence that I went to school with in many cases are now into two generations of boys playing football since we were in school together. some of their grandsons are playing for the Bearkats now. Heck, my mother had 9 brothers. There was a Robinson boy or nephew/grandson playing football for GC from 1945 to 1979. Unfortunately, none of the Robinson clan kids that had kids stayed local. We scattered out all over the nation. Two Hillgers stayed local, but I do not know if any of their kids have. I have kind of lost touch with everyone lately. Still a lot of Halfmans, Schwartzes, Hoelschers, Jansas, Batlas, Hirts, and Plagens there.

Garden City is the same way. The Germans in St, Lawrence that I went to school with in many cases are now into two generations of boys playing football since we were in school together. some of their grandsons are playing for the Bearkats now. Heck, my mother had 9 brothers. There was a Robinson boy or nephew/grandson playing football for GC from 1945 to 1979. Unfortunately, none of the Robinson clan kids that had kids stayed local. We scattered out all over the nation. Two Hillgers stayed local, but I do not know if any of their kids have. I have kind of lost touch with everyone lately. Still a lot of Halfmans, Schwartzes, Hoelschers, Jansas, Batlas, Hirts, and Plagens there.
@Jones26 might could verify but I recall an article once upon a time where "The Voice of the Bearkats" was great grandad or great great uncle to a Batlas. The older Bearkat had called games for many of his younger Kats.

I think that is great!

@Jones26 might could verify but I recall an article once upon a time where "The Voice of the Bearkats" was great grandad or great great uncle to a Batlas. The older Bearkat had called games for many of his younger Kats.
Here's the article https://www.cbs7.com/2023/11/17/cbs7-special-report-voice-generations/

I've known Delmer for all my life. His son Mike was in my grade and we played football togther me as a center or guard, him the QB (8 man) Delmer was also the coach of the little league baseball team from St. Lawrence. I remember him picking up my brothers and I in his station wagon to go to the games in Midkiff at the El Paso Natural Gas Camp. Sometimes he carried the whole team......

I remember when he started calling the games. That was my Junior year at GC. He also owned and ran one of the three cotton gins in St. Lawrence. Our baseball practice field was in the gin yard.

I know of an Alex Halfman, good sport, genuine guy. I know of Taylor Niesche. I'm not sure if I spelled that right, but I remember playing them in tennis. Head Nieusche is working for NASA! That's pretty awesome!

Back