What about them Colts!!!

I think the Colts have finally stumbled upon a winning formula. Don't do anything to even try to stop the run for 7 weeks of the season. Lower everyone's expectations. Don't do anything to make anyone think that you can win the Super Bowl. Then, all the pressure is off, and all of a sudden the Colts defense can stop the run when it counts. If you think you'll be able to run the ball with ease, and suddenly you can't, that kind of throws off a coach's game plan, does it not? :)

All kidding aside, the Colts are your Super Bowl champions this year. As tough as Brady and the Patriots are in the playoffs, Indy has gained confidence, having beaten the Patriots the past two meetings. On the other side, I like the Saints in that one, but whoever comes out of the NFC will lose by at least 10 points to the AFC champ.

Never go in against Tom Brady when death is on the line!!! HahaHa...choke

Indy is a great team, with an amazing QB......but really( in my humblest opinion) Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play the game. I know Montana was great, Bradshaw, BERNIE KOSAR!!, but really when you break the game down the QB's main job is to be there in the clutch and win football games. And Brady does that, and he did it at a young age and continues now, and I dont think the guy is even 30 yet. Peyton has the tools and the mind, and definately the supporting cast but Brady has proved this year he can go to whoever he needs to win games. Imagine if he had Wayne, Harrison, Stokley, and Clark to go to.

But at the same time I guess the argument could be made that if Peyton had Brady's defense backing him he would be the 3 time super bowl champ? Either way should be a great game, I say the Pats by 3 cause Vinateri finally chokes!!!!

Brady is a great quarterback, but the best of all time???
I think there is another quarterback that won 3 Superbowls in the 90's. I even think there was another quarterback in the 70's that won 4 Superbowls, and he is definetly not the greatest of all time.

Troy Aikman = Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Darryl Johnston, Jay Novachek( doesnt get half the credit he deserves) The best offensive line in football, One of the best defenses of the 90's. Still, even though he probably had the best supporting cast ever Troy is still one of the greatest of all time but definately not THE best.

With Bradshaw all I really know is what I read about him and the old games ive seen on ESPN. Definately a winner but still on a team loaded with weapons that would not have existed in the salary cap era of football.

When Brady won his second title I wasnt convinced because I thought they still had the best overall team in the NFL, he had a deep threat and a possesion reciever in Deion Branch, he had David Patton, and they ran the ball by comittee. They also had a dominant defense, Ty Law, Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour, Mcginest, Rodney Harrison.

But by the third one they started losing a bit of there structure, and now atleast half of their starting D is gone, the running game did get better with Maroney and Dillon, but their recieving threats are mostly tight-ends, Rashae Caldwell has been a surpise but you take him out and
theyre left with Troy Brown who gets AARP discounts next month.

What it all boils down to is salary cap, Brady is doing it with less than the other greats had to work with. He has had help, genius coaching, great offensive line, good running attack every year. But he has also done alot on his own. I saw a stat in the paper the other day and it was either 34 or 37 career come from behind victories. Hes only 29 years old and has 3 rings, he is in the AFC championship game competing for a 4th. Will it take 4 rings for him to be considered the best ever?

Kevin Faulk and Doug Gabriel were reliable targets throughout most of the regular season.

Teams decided to take Reche Caldwell out of the game and Jabar Gafney has been huge in the playoffs. (18 rec. 207 yards)

Troy Brown has not been a factor at all.

If you really look at it, Brady has an average stable of WRs (Caldwell, Brown, Gafney, and Gabriel.) He has 2 very solid TEs in Graham and Watson. He has the benefit of one of the best running games in the NFL (Dillon and Maroney) and one of the league's best receiving backs in Kevin Faulk. Throw in the offensive line, and you'll see that Tom Brady has the offensive players around him that most QBs would love to have.

Bret Favre! He is a football player, not just a wussy QB. What other NFL QB have you seen throwing lead blocks on linemen for his running backs?

Back