Week 5 Predictions

david9h

11-man fan
39-9 on the season!

Week 5 Predictions:

Pasadena 1st Baptist JV over Alvin Living Stones by 45
Longview Trinity over Apple Springs by 9. Trinity will be without their main offensive weapon due an injury so it will be up to the others to step up and produce. I think they will but it will take 4 quarters to pull out the W.
Bellville Faith over West Columbia Charter by 45
Seguin Lifegate over Capital City Christian Home School by 20
BVCHEA over Conroe Lifestyle by 45
Dallas Lutheran over Richardson Canyon Creek by 24
San Marcos Hill Country over Lake Jackson by 45
Granbury NCTA over Spring Branch Living Rock by 45
Temple Holy Trinity over Brownwood Victory Life by 45
Tioga over WF Wichita Christian by 45
WF Notre Dame over Dallas Tyler Street by 10

Good luck and safe travels!

Firmly believe that Trinity will 45 Apple Springs. With or without one of their weapons. It may not happen in the 1st half, but it will happen.

Good grief Dave, 39-9?!?....Get on a plane and head to Vegas...That crystal ball you got is off the charts!!!.
Looks like your picks this week are right on target again... Man your boys over there in East Texas must be getting beat up pretty bad, seems like they are injured every week...Looks like their coach may need to lighten that schedule up next season...Must be a one trick pony for your Titans if one kid out will change your prediction...I'm sure GT will have something to say about this..Good luck to your Titans this week from the guy out west...

SFA, I am buying the Airline tickets now. You go East and grab Rain Man, then meet me at Love Field. We will go out to Vegas today before the streak is over.

Dave if the stud is out, then it will be tough. Apple Springs always has tough kids, so it will be interesting.

Prickly

Grab some Windex and give that ol' crystal orb a nice shine.

I was kinda tempted to ask you if you'd give me that 20 points for Austin Capital Home School; I thought Lifegate would win the game but nowhere near 20.

Was at the game ... Never more than 8 points separated the teams, back and forth, back and forth.

Lifegate took the lead 30-28 with about 4:40 left and my seat mate and I thought maybe Lifegate left too much time on the clock. But their defense held and took over the ball with just under 2 minutes left.

A third and short play ended with a fumble out of bounds, stopping the clock and a busted fourth down play for a big loss gave the Austin team the ball at midfield with about 55 seconds left and they scored with 14.9 seconds on the clock. Lifegate ran the Trinity option (lots of laterals) but didn't convert from about midfield.

Wichita Christian kept it close in the first half, only down 24-14, but Tioga proved to be too much. They won 72-26 in the 4th quarter. Tioga is the best team the Stars have faced so far.
Bright spots for the Stars included a 53 yard reverse pass play for the first TD of the game and a kick off ran back for a TD.
Next up for the Stars is Lefors. After that, the schedule gets a little easier.

Well I was wrong about the 45 on AS, but it was close. Tough kids don't mean good football players. AS may have some tough kids and they may be some good kids, but they are not a good football team. What did you see Dave?

Week 5 Predictions:

Longview Trinity over Apple Springs by 9. Trinity will be without their main offensive weapon due an injury so it will be up to the others to step up and produce. I think they will but it will take 4 quarters to pull out the W.
Actual: Trinity 59 - Apple Springs 26. I've really got to have more faith in my Titans. The game was not as close as the score indicated and Trinity should have 45'd them. Apple Springs was neither good nor tough and having played or scrimmaged Apple Springs every year for the last 8 years, this is the first time I can ever say that. They just don't have the horses. They played with good effort and showed good sportsmanship but lack of talent was evident. I was concerned that being without our top scorer, it might be close but our Sr. #1 ran 31 times for 277 yards. He grounded and pounded and really stepped up. So did #3. We had some freshmen and sophomores really perform well on defense. We had 2 two-way starters out and we'll see how their injuries heal up this week. Solid win for the Titans as several players stepped up. (1 for 1)

Bellville Faith over West Columbia Charter by 45
Actual: BF 79 - WCC 31. No surprise here. (2 for 2)

Seguin Lifegate over Capital City Christian Home School by 20
Actual: Cap City 36 - Seguin 30. Sounded like a heck of a game. Sorry Seguin couldn't pull it out. Sounds like they're still at the top of the heap in TAPPS DIII. (2 for 3)

BVCHEA over Conroe Lifestyle by 45
Actual: BVCHEA 60 - Conroe 0. Ouch! (3 for 4)

Dallas Lutheran over Richardson Canyon Creek by 24
Actual: Dallas Lutheran 54 - RCC 6. First few games Richardson looked like contenders. Last few, they're looking like pretenders. I don't have any inside info but something tells me Richardson lost somebody(s) between now and then. (4 for 5)

San Marcos Hill Country over Lake Jackson by 45
Actual: San Marcos 74 - Lake Jackson 14. No surprise here. District 3 continues to look the like the District of Doom in TAPPS DIII. (5 for 6)

Granbury NCTA over Spring Branch Living Rock by 45
Actual: NCTA 74 - Spring Branch 27. Only surprise here is Granbury giving up 27. (6 for 7)

Temple Holy Trinity over Brownwood Victory Life by 45
Actual: BVL 81 - Temple Holy Trinity 45. Congrats to Brownwood and somebody help me get the egg off my face. I blew this one big time! (6 for 8)

Tioga over WF Wichita Christian by 45
Actual: Tioga 72 - Wichita Christian 26. I was pulling for Coach Johnson and his boys to make it a close game but Tioga is a solid program and was probably just too much for the Stars. I think to take them into the 4th quarter is an accomplishment. I also think stepping up in class to play a strong program is to be commended and will serve them well. (7 for 9)

WF Notre Dame over Dallas Tyler Street by 10
Actual: WF ND 92 - Tyler Street 58. I forgot to mention it but this was going to be my "Game of the Week." Looks like it didn't disappoint. Coach Favors takes it on the chin. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Notre Dame may be moving toward the top of the heap in the north in DIII. (8 for 10)

And there you have it!

Oh Davey Boy, Are you sure that is egg on your face?

I knew you were buddies with Favors also! Just seems like you two would get along.

No bad on the picks, I am telling you SFA, Holmes and I need to take you to Las Vegas....we could react the movie..."The Hangover"...you can play Alan.

Good Luck this week.

Prickly.

Back