• CTK wins a close one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CTK wins BIG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeeingStars

11-man fan
Oh boy.......LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!! This is going to be a GREAT game! WCS has to win by 14 to win district....They should be about 16-20 pont underdogs. Both teams are already in the playoffs. This one is for pride and district honors.

Samauri - you guys will be at the wrong field to hear that chant :lol:
This iwll be our homecoming crowd and it will be ROCKING! You guys have a safe trip and good luck...We look forward to playing one of the best dicsiplined teams in TAPPS led by their legendary coach...WCS will be lead by their supportive fans, gun slinging freshman QB, and hard running Tailback. This is going to be a good one!

Ha ha. I was sayin that we have a full line of football players that will support our team 100%. That's all the cheering we will need. This is going to be a great game and I can't wait until these two Titans clash!

Titans???? Go easy my man...these are 2 very young programs that are on the road to having good programs....but this aint Richland Springs vs Rule. But it will be a good game and it means the world to both schools.

You know what guys? I'm just trying to hype up these teams not make them sound like the greatest teams in the state. Just because I may use Titans as an adjective doesn't mean you have to take it literal. But since ya'll took it that way I'll rephrase it. I can't wait until these two rival teams face off in a good game this friday night. 8)

Thats fair Samauri...but since I read Metros comment I take mine back...WE ARE THE TITANS OF District1!!!!

Seriously Metro...this is a big game for these 2 schools...WCS is very young...QB - Freshman Will throw for 1800 yards and probably 30 - 35 TD's this year...will rush for around 500 yards more than likely. Tailback - Sophomore - Came up just shy of a 1000 yards last year due to injury and is on track for around 1300 this year. Fullback - Sophomore - This kid is BIG, Strong and hits like a ton of bricks...Center - Sophomore - Another big strong kid who is just going to get better. The Freshman QB leads the area in interceptions (picking them, not throwing them) and is also a ferocious rover...same can be said for both backs as they play linebacker. 2 of our front 3 are underclassmen, a Freshman and a Sophomore. We have 2 recievers on the bench who are freshmen...both will be all district caliber recievers by the time they are juniors. This team is very young, very talented and very excited about the future...so Metro, check us out next year in D2 and certainly check us out in 09...God only knows how good this team will be with the current crop growing up, not to mention that we will more than likely pick up some new kids along the way.

we are 4-4 this year and we have played often like a young team. However, no one has blown us out...the most we have got beat by is 16 points. We played Guthrie withen 15 points and the same is true for the other 2 UIL schools we played. We blew out Harrold (But who hasn't). What we have yet to do this year is beat a real good team. We hope to correct that this Friday. I predict we will win game one of the playoffs, at least we are good enough to. After that, I agree it will be very difficult

BTW...I will promise you that hall of fame coach Harvey Wellman for CTK will have these guys posting 175 - 200 power ratings withen the next 3 years. CTK is a very focused, strong and capable team that makes hardly any mistakes...and they have D1 type numbers on the field. I predict that in the next 4 years there will be a semi final match up between the WCS Stars And Lubbock CTK Trojans....then it will be a clash of Titans!

Ok, first of all we can both agree that these are the best teams in this district. But we seriously need to have a bunch of other schools posting too. Otherwise, we should just rename this from TAPPS Division II to TAPPS District 1 Division II. So, if people are complaining about all the posts about WCS and CTK then do somethin about it and post about your teams.

I understand both teams are very young, and that in a few years they may be powerhouses playing Division I football. There are some other schools like that as well (Dickinson Pine Drive, for example). But right now I can't see them doing too much damage to Glenview, Covenant, Fredericksburg, or any other DII juggernaut they may encounter in the playoffs. Heck, even teams like Balch Springs are looking pretty good this year.

As for Samurai's post, I would, but I'm a DI man myself. :p There seems to be an infestation of Glenview fans in the Private School Topics forum, so I dunno why they aren't posting here. I guess because all it would turn into was a one-sided thread about how Glenview is the Southlake Carroll of six-man and how they are going to dominate every team in their path, or whatever. I'm personally gonna go with Dallas Covenant to win State this year, but that's based on very little information. :p

Metro...I hear you and agree. Last year our Jr. High beat Glennview with a very dramatic 4th qtr comeback. It was avery defining game for our young men. TO bad they are moving up, I hope we schedule them pre district next year.

Cowboyfan #2 - last year our 2 Jr high teams met in Ft. Worth. We beat you guys...The guys on your JV were getting ready to play a team from Weatherford and tols us that the running back on your jr high team was 15. I really did not pay them much attention but he was a big kid! Anyway...we won...came back from 2 TD's down with 3 mins left and won the game on 2 big time TD passes from are now Freshman QB. It was a big win for us. The reason I am talking about it is:

1) Its a free country
2) Metro brought up Glenview in context to our young varsity team, and I was only stating that we had played you guys and managed to pull out a hard fought victory.

Hope that doesnt bother you to much. I guess Jr High does not matter much unless you are well...JR HIGH. Those kids are now playing for our varsity. :D

As far a taking the bait mm....what in the world do you mean :shock:

i'm just jabbing Metro. The reference to the Glenview 'infestation' seems a little unwarranted. My point was for the Glenview fans not to take offence, just roll with it, play the football games, and it'll all shake out by December. As for you guys, a win is a win, they all build confidence,etc. Good luck the rest of the way. Believe me, Glenview's been where you are, it's not all grins and giggles. Have fun, life is short.

Thanks for the encouragement, but if youve been where we have been then I guess your saying you have played for a district championship and are getting ready for the playoffs...thats where we are :lol:

SeeingStars":3jkd40nt said:
Thanks for the encouragement, but if youve been where we have been then I guess your saying you have played for a district championship and are getting ready for the playoffs...thats where we are :lol:

What are you talking about? I think mmorvan was referring to being a young team. sorry about the jr high thing, i guess that was a little rude. we were just talkin about varsity stuff and all the sudden people start talkin about big jr highs games, I was like how is this relevant???? but yea, it came off rude. Sorry.

Not a problem Cowboy#2....good luck in the playoffs and I hope our two teams get a chance to meet in the next couple of years. I think for sure we play you guys in roundball this year.

Back