Velvet Taco

fajitapete

Six-man fan
Get your mind outta the gutter. It's a place in Dallas that has the yuppies convinced that paying 4-5 dollars a piece for taco's is a good thing. Gotta admit the tacos are good, but in the real world they are just 1 dollar tacos all dressed up.

Wonder if the fact the location is just east of SMU has anything to do with the price tag? I paid 3.50 for a can of Schlitz and 4.50 each for a shrimp taco and a calamari taco. Both were good but come on, with tax title and license my bill for lunch was almost 14 bucks.

OK, won't be going back there, been there done that.

number of foo-foo girls trying to eat messy taco daintily - 6
number of frat boys trying to look cool - 4
number of Latino's in the place - 8, in the kitchen

Schlitz? Octopus? Shrimp? Yuckkkkkk
Were the tortillas made in house? Corn or flour? I'd have to break out a lot of Western One-Step before attempting Octopus Tacos..........................

We used to have a Bait Store down on the Colorado River some kids put in one summer. They came up with an original name............ "The Master Bait Shop"....................

smokeyjoe53":2n4bt16m said:
We used to have a Bait Store down on the Colorado River some kids put in one summer. They came up with an original name............ "The Master Bait Shop"....................
I think everyone has been there...

CowboyP":2yvn4dbo said:
smokeyjoe53":2yvn4dbo said:

99 percent of us has been"there"

The other 1 percent is lying!!

smokeyjoe53":313mkyzs said:

Did they sell beer, bait, and ammo? Were there fishing hooks and dirty books?

CowboyP":2z8lspr1 said:
oldfat&bald":2z8lspr1 said:
Old Bearkat":2z8lspr1 said:
oldfat&bald":2z8lspr1 said:
CowboyP":2z8lspr1 said:
Pete, is the Velvet Taco located at the Y?

I can't believe you really did it.

Did you triple-dog dare him?

Nope, he's cheap. I promised him a quarter.

Sssshhhhhh, don't tell him, but I ain't gonna pay him.
You better pay me! I know where you live.

I got a .30-'06 with your name on it.

markf":14o0wjwt said:
CowboyP":14o0wjwt said:
smokeyjoe53":14o0wjwt said:

That's the truth!

CowboyP":1rzz07dr said:
markf":1rzz07dr said:
CowboyP":1rzz07dr said:
smokeyjoe53":1rzz07dr said:

That's the truth!

When did this thread become about folks loping their mules?

I like shrimp boiled or fried. Heard of it in taco's before but never tried it. Sound's like they might be good. Schlitz I tried once years ago. It must be an aquired taste, I didn't aquire that taste on one try. Technically calimari is a squid not an octopuss. I can't tell you the difference but a biologist should be able to. I know they're a delicacy elsewhere but I have no desire to try either of the slimy things in any shape form or fashion.

oldfat&bald":14xcnqsi said:
CowboyP":14xcnqsi said:
markf":14xcnqsi said:
CowboyP":14xcnqsi said:
smokeyjoe53":14xcnqsi said:

That's the truth!

When did this thread become about folks loping their mules?
I just wanted to see if I could still hijack a thread............................. I can.

Why not stay semi on subject and digress to Velvet Elvis and Tacos ? We've all seen a Velvet Elvis. He used to order Mexican Food from what North Fort Woth resturant while in town?

Back