This is it boys...

THEQB

Six-man fan
Last regular season game of the year...

Emery vs Pasadena/ after emery's game Vs baytown and no info to go on the game I may be taking Pasadena in a close one this week. I think their rb is super quick and that could be what gave Emery trouble vs baytown. Speed...... Pasadena by 6 In a close one

Baytown vs SL/ SL is much improved but I can't take them here especially after Baytowns win over the #4 team in the state. Baytown by 20

Katy vs Alpha/ this to me is the game of week. Katy is in a must win here and I think they coach it up and get the win in a close one. That coach seems to get his boys ready to play. Katy by 4

Let's hear some picks fellas... Last regular season game of the year. If you have not spoke up yet... Let's hear it. Good luck to everyone as the season comes to a end.

Sorry evidently I was wrong and you corrected me on that. I guess I got them confused with Midland or something. Either way they were in the top 5. My point on that discussion was simply that Baytown beat a good team. I have only seen them play Katy and honestly baytown had their hands full without their stud RB playing. leaves me wondering if Emery just had alot of hype behind them.

Rocket you must be from up north so no disrespect intended. I know you guys are having a great year up there.

Here are my picks

Emery vs Pasadena – Pasadena by 12

Baytown vs SL—Baytown by 20.

Katy vs Alpha—Alpha by 6—Pasadena was behind most of the game against Alpha.

The most interesting picks this week should come from potential upsets in District 1.
Watauga has the largest task this week with Red Oak. The game is a little more than a TD for Watauga. Red Oak is a good team that gave Rockwall a good run a few weeks ago. Since, they put it on Abilene and lost big to Midland Trinity.
Watauga must win to keep the three way tie in check and then make the third place bid. Red Oak could use the wild card points to compete with the other districts also.

Any chance this is a Red Oak victory?

The most interesting thing to me about Watauga is how they held Rockwall to 20 points but then gave up 56 to Abilene. Of course the same thing can be said about Ovilla putting up a close one against Rockwall but then not showing up at all against Midland. I think it will be a shootout between Watauga and Ovilla (Red Oak). #6 for Watauga and #1 for Ovilla seem to be pretty similar players based on what I've seen. I guess it will depend on which defense comes ready to play. Last year Watauga did a great job of containing #1 from Ovilla, but there are more offensive threats to consider this year from Ovilla.

Rockwall and Midland both have the easiest road to the playoffs from District 1. Both should win easy this week. I wonder if Watauga was a wake up call for a very good Rockwall team? Maybe Rockwall was a wake up call for Midland while not an upset. Was Midland thinking that since they rolled on Watauga and Watauga beat Rockwall maybe they had an easy game. District 1 has two very good teams Watauga is not far behind.

Watauga is the mystery of the district. I remain on their band wagon and hope they win tomorrow and make another playoff run like last year. They are fun to watch.

Watauga better not look past Ovilla and #1. He is an electrifying player and can score at any time. So yes there is a chance but I am taking Watauga to win.

The last weekend and several playoff spots are still up for grabs. Here is a quick review of TAPPS Division 1 districts including teams already in the playoffs and those making the final game count toward a berth in the bracket. TAPPS will put 13 teams in the playoff. This includes 3 from each district and 4 wildcard teams. Tonight means a lot to several schools as you will see below.

District 1 (If the top three teams take care of business this weekend, there will be a three-way tie for district champions with all potentially tied at 4-1 in district play)

#1 Rockwall - they have more wildcard points than Watauga and beat Midland head to head.
#2 Midland - more wildcard points that Watauga and playoff bound
#3 Watauga - would be the 3 seed, but must take care of a tough Ovilla team first.
#4 Ovilla - should get in as a wildcard team, but has a chance to upset Watauga for the 3 seed
#5 Abilene - could upset Rockwall, but probably settled in at 5. Long shot for a wildcard
#6 Dallas Lutheran - tough season and close out against Midland tonight. First year in six-man and in a tough district.

District 2 (Their champion is already decided)

#1 Austin Hill Country - undefeated in district, will have a bye in the first round
#2 Giddings State - playing winless Round Rock and defeated the others, so definitely #2 seed
#3 & #4 Waco Vanguard and SA Winston decide this seeding on the field tonight. Winner is the 3 seed, loser hopes for a wildcard
#5 Round Rock - no playoffs this year

District 3 (Champion already decided)

#1 Baytown - District champs even if they experience a surprise loss tonight since they beat Emery and Pasadena
#2 & #3 Emery and Pasadena settle it on the field this weekend. This should be a great game of two really good teams. Both are already in the playoffs
#4 Katy is currently the 4 seed and would receive a WC bid unless Huntsville wins tonight
#5 Sugar Land is currently the 5 seed and has a should receive a WC bid. But Huntsville can change it all with a win over Katy
#6 Huntsville - no wins in district yet, but still has an outside shot at the playoffs with a win because there would be a 3-way tie for the 4 seed. They have lost two district games by one point each. This is a very competitive team to be last in district at this point. Very tough district.

Let's enjoy the games and see what happens next

I guess emery got exposed these last couple of games. 2 straight losses in district and now heading to playoffs dragging those 2 losses with them. Going to be hard to bounce back especially knowing they may have to face Pasadena again in their bracket. Wish I could have made that game. Baytown looked to have a little trouble with logos this week also. I figured that would be over soon but I guess logos playing for their playoff hopes made it a little closer than expected. Katy put it on Huntsville and a lot of us here had Huntsville going pretty far this year. Katy got #32 back and heading to the playoffs with a head of steam.

Seems Emory has issues with a physical, power offense.

FBCA and BCA are similar. Both love to run the ball down your throat out of power formations. I believe one of the two (or a similar team) would be Emory undoing in the playoffs.

Looking at BCA scores and two games I would say they are prepared for the playoffs. They've really had to grind games out. I watched them come bac on FBCA and then win in overtime over Emory. They've shown they have no problems with going a complete 4Q with the score prepared to go either way.

Katy is definitely ready to play now that #32 is back. I watched one of their games with #32 out and the last game with #32 back against Omega and they are a wat more comfortable team with him in.

In the end I see *no disrespect to the other teams* FBCA vs BCA in the Finals.

With district play finished we have two teams undefeated in district play. Kudos to Austin HC and Baytown, job well done at 4-0 and 5-0 respectfully. Austin has a weaker district, but they are a very dangerous team. Baytown must have had an adverse regular season after seeing the results of their scores but they got the job done especially beating Emery and Pasadena. District 1 had a tie breaker winner in Rockwall. I don't agree with the tie breaker at all nor the point system that this site ranks. I think Watauga is the best team from district 1 and will be in the first round of this bracket playing a much tougher team than was inside their district at home against a dangerous Faith West Academy.

I agree... I think they Katy vs Watauga game will be one to watch in this !st round.
Watauga may be taking them lightly because of their record but Katy was without #32 for 3-4 games.
Good luck to both teams

Back