Sincere act of sportsmanship by Oakwood.

coachsatcher

Six-man fan
I sould have posted this earlier, but hadn't hit me until now. With 1:28 left in the game, Oakwood could have easily attempted to score again, but instead, kneeled the ball. This allowed me, as the coach, the opportunity to allow my seniors who had just lost, the chance to be acknowledged by their fans. It was something that may have gone unnoticed by many; but for this coach, showed so much class from a coach I had never met before. Allowing me to sub players in and hug each senior as they left the field was a special moment for me, and I can never thank them enough. He owed me and my players nothing, but granted them the dignity of walking off to applause. The officials didn't hurry them off or start the clock. It was one of those moments I will look back on, for the rest of my life, and be forever greatful for a rare act of kidness, when they could have began their celebration. Thank you Oakwood coaches for this gift to my school and for the moment I shared with my players, which will leave me forever greatful. Thank you.

Its nice to hear about such a great show of sportsmanship. Especially being that most of the time its about the negative. My hats off to Oakwood coaching staff. And to coachsatcher for sharing.

Its people like you coach satcher and the things you say that make me proud to be from oakwood and be a fan of our boys. Most people talk down on oakwood, and you are one of the few that actually has good things to say. Thank you

Thank you Coach Satcher. That really means a lot to me and our tiny community.

That was an AMAZING game your boys played! I even accidentally cheered for them once or twice. :)

oakwoodalumni56":2u716r2w said:
Its people like you coach satcher and the things you say that make me proud to be from oakwood and be a fan of our boys. Most people talk down on oakwood, and you are one of the few that actually has good things to say. Thank you
Most of the talk is directed at one of your fans, not at your team.....................................................

Back