Robert Lee - water issues (SA Express News)

freeagent

Six-man pro
The San Antonio Express News did a page one story on the water issues (or more specifically, lack of same) ... the E.V. Spence Reservoir is at 0.7% of capacity (less than one percent).

Among the pictures in the newspaper (but not on the website) is a picture of the team practicing on the football field; brown with a few green spots that have been watered with waste water trucked in from a nearby town; the boys have been told to avoid those spots so they will expand.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/living_gree ... 992471.php

If the drought doesn't end soon, many other towns will be dealing with the same issues.
Lake Whitney is the lowest I've ever seen it (approximately 16 foot low, and lake Aquilla is about
6 foot low).

Speaking of water, I heard this morning that San Antonio St. Anthony moved their scrimmage this Saturday against Marion HS (2A UIL) to Marion; SA is on Stage 2 (and soon Stage 3) water restrictions; you can only water once per week for a few hours.

Stage 3 cuts that to every other week. And the city of San Antonio has been pretty aggressive in issuing fines for violators (it's a couple hundred bucks).

They are trying to save their field as long as they can.

Strawn is not looking that bad but they are only practicing on the field next to the actual football field. I have not looked that closely at Gordon yet.

Andy

Tex90":123u85th said:
Got a 3 inch rain in San Angelo. Not sure how much robert lee got but that storm should help.

They got a good rain Friday. One of the nurses at Shannon Hospital told me that one patient had relatives from Robert Lee coming to visit that had to go back home because the road to San Angelo had water going across it.

The official measurement in my part of town was 3 1/2. Rained pretty much all day. Several Roads got shut down in Areas of Jackson St. and College Hills. Was a dang good rain that we desperatly needed.

Unfortunately the rain had little impact on the situation. Spence was at 0.52 percent capacity on 8/12 and the inflow over the next few days was only a couple of hundred acre feet which has since been used or evaporated. Lake is again at 0.52percent, that’s 2,715 acre feet of water in a lake that when full holds 517,272 acre feet.

You want to see how bad it really is go to:
http://wiid.twdb.state.tx.us/ims/resinf ... slbasin=36

In list box 1 select Individual Reservoir
In list box 2 choose the lake you are interested in
Click on the get data button

Pray for rain

Back