Miami Northwestern (FLA) vs. Southlake Carroll

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Defending Florida and Texas High School Football State Champions to Play in 2007

Miami Northwestern (FLA) vs. Southlake Carroll (TX) September 15, 2007

Skokie, IL: Paragon Marketing Group in association with Dallas-based TITUS Sports Marketing announced today that it has arranged for a high school football contest to be played featuring Miami Northwestern Senior High School (Miami, Florida) and Carroll Senior High School (Southlake, Texas) on Saturday, September 15, 2007.

The game will be held in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area at a venue that is to be determined.

The match-up will feature two of the top-rated teams in the nation as Southlake Carroll finished the 2006 campaign with a 16-0 record and a No. 1 ranking in the USA Today Prep Football Super 25. Carroll is currently riding a 48-game winning streak, is 79-1 since 2002 and has won four of the last five Texas 5A State Championships, including three in a row (2002, 2004-06). The Dragons are led by a pair of University of Texas commitments, quarterback Riley Dodge, who threw for 4,184 yards and 54 TDs last season, and running back Tre Newton, who ran for over 2,000 yards and 20 TDs. The Dragons high-powered offense averaged 44.3 points per game last season and returns nine starters.

"There has been quite a bit of interest in the Carroll Dragons playing a nationally-ranked opponent," said Carroll Athletic Director Ronnie Tipps. "These two teams are recognized by many as having the top high school football programs in their respective states. It ought to be a very exciting match-up."

Miami Northwestern finished the 2006 season with a 15-0 record and won the FHSAA Class 6A Football Championship. Miami Northwestern ended last season ranked No. 5 in the USA Today Prep Football Super 25. The 2007 team returns seven starters on offense including quarterback Jacory Harris (2,920 yards passing and 37 TDs) and WR Aldarius Johnson (1,361 receiving yards, 19 TDs). The defense limited opponents to 6.4 points per game last season and produced seven consecutive shutouts. Six starters return for the Bulls on defense including defense tackle Marcus Forston (20 sacks) and linebacker Sean Spence (151 tackles).

“It’s an honor to play against the No. 1 team in Texas and a program as distinguished as Southlake Carroll. We hear great things about Texas high school football and are anxious to see how we match up with them,â€

I think SLC will lose this one. I don't see them clicking on all 12 cylinders with a new coach coming in from out of the program. Kind of like when Lee played Evangel sans Cedric Benson.

Check out YouTube and type in "Year of the Bull" in the search engine. You will see the caliber of athlete that SLC is up against. Not very disciplined, but VERY athletic. Miami Northwest also has a brand new coaching staff, as the entire coaching staff was fired just before the season started. So far, this season, MNW has been somewhat inconsistant. Of course, I hope that Southlake wins it. It should be a LOT of fun to be at the game. I have had my tickets ordered for about a month now. Very excited about it. Anyone else going to make it to the game? Should be a big one!

I'll be attending. SLC has a new coach, but he was part of the program in the past, and hasn't changed a thing.

Gotta go with my Texas boys. They are representing Texas football. Should be a good one though. MNW has something like 11-12 D-I commits.

I know this is an old subject, it is just that i have been hearing way too many rumblings about how florida is now the superior football state for high school. I give all the props to MNW they are great but I still do not think their best ten teams could beat our best ten. And I believe SLC lost that game more than Miami won it, just my opinion. Not taking anything away from those athletes though, they had at least 4 or 5 players we'll be watching on sundays

Is Nate Newton's son Tre still playing for SLC? I didn't watch the game this year, but I saw that boy run the ball on TV last year.....WOW!

Yeah Tre is still there, he fumbled on like the 4 yard line when they were about to score, big turning point in the game. He will be attending UT at the end of this semester he is going to work out with the team. Which is awesome, SLC doesnt utilize him near enough. Im looking forward to watching him on sundays.

Cantu going to oregon to play receiver, Dodge going to UNT, LB I forget his name and center will also attend UNT

If their D could catch up with their offense, they would be ok. I do believe Dodge will start getting some good recruits though, maybe not the top ones but we all know texas has loads of talent. any receiver should want to play for them. Im anxious to see what he will do with Riley, I mean he is short to play qb and they have a pretty good one, but Riley Dodge is way too great of an athlete to keep on the sideline.. I mean great passer with 4.4 speed, I imagine he'll do what he did when chase daniels was still there

yungstunna":2by6tg9e said:
If their D could catch up with their offense, they would be ok. I do believe Dodge will start getting some good recruits though, maybe not the top ones but we all know texas has loads of talent. any receiver should want to play for them. Im anxious to see what he will do with Riley, I mean he is short to play qb and they have a pretty good one, but Riley Dodge is way too great of an athlete to keep on the sideline.. I mean great passer with 4.4 speed, I imagine he'll do what he did when chase daniels was still there

Maybe he ought to hit a few small 6 and 11 man schools. I bet there is some ignored talent there....

Back