Looking for Coaching position 2010-2011

CoachBennett5

11-man fan
I know this is a stretch but I am moving back into my house and need to work in the Temple area. I have already resigned and my wife has a job at Temple ISD. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Christopher Bennett
P.O. Box 264
1725 Rogers Cemetery Road
Rogers, Texas 76569
254/747-2283 cell 254/786-2206 ext. 241 work
[email protected]

Dear Administrator:

This letter and attached resume are in regard to the secondary coaching/teaching position that has become available for the 2010-2011 school year. I am currently the Athletic Director, Head Football Coach and Head Baseball Coach at Coolidge ISD. The Coolidge Yellow Jacket football team advanced to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years in my first year as the Head Football Coach. We advanced to the Bi-district round of the playoffs as the runner-up in District 11-A sixman. As the Head Baseball Coach I have resurrected a program that has been dormant for the last 10 years. During the 2006-2007 school year the Volleyball team, the Girls and Boys Basketball team all reached the playoffs. I have coached Bi-district qualifier and created one program from scratch. I teach 6th grade World History, 7th grade Texas History, 8th grade American History and one section of Senior Government.
I graduated from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor with a Bachelors degree in Business Management. At UMHB I was a football player and student assistant coach, assisting in the film room. Since graduation I have run everything from distribution routes to restaurants to football teams. I also attended Tarleton State University where I played wide receiver and ran track. While attending Copperas Cove High school I played wide receiver, ran track, and was on the powerlifting team.
My goals for the future are to establish a teaching/coaching career that can challenge me as well as allowing me to help students grow as people and become strong members of society. I thank you for your time and consideration. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone numbers and/or email address.
Thank you,
Christopher Bennett
Athletic Director
Coolidge ISD
CHRISTOPHER M. BENNETT
P. O. BOX 264
ROGERS, TEXAS 76569
254-786-2206 EXT. 241 WORK
254-747-2283 HOME
254-747-2283 CELL

EDUCATION
BBA, BACHELORS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, UNIVERSITY OF MARY HARDIN- BAYLOR, BELTON, TEXAS DECEMBER 1999

CERTIFICATION

SOCIAL STUDIES 8-12
SOCIAL STUDIES 4-8
PHYSICAL EDUCATION EC-12
SECONDARY BASIC BUSINESS 6-12

AMINISTRATIVE/LEADERSHIP/TEACHING EXPIERENCE

ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, COOLIDGE ISD, COOLIDGE, TEXAS 2006 TO PRESENT
• Lead all sports boys and girls in high school and junior high. I am the Head Football and Head Baseball coach.
• Evaluated, hired and directed entire coaching staff for all sports.
• 2006-2007 Football District 11-A runner-up advancing to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years.
• 2006-2007 For the first time in school history Volleyball, Football, Boys and Girls Basketball all advanced to the UIL state playoffs.
• 2006-2009 At least one sport has made the UIL state playoffs.
• Resurrected the baseball program that had been dormant for 10 years and completed the entire season.
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, BUCKHOLTS ISD, BUCKHOLTS, TEXAS 2005-2006
• Directed all sports boys and girls in high school and junior high. I was the Head coach for Cross Country, Football, Basketball and Track
• Handled all transportation to and from games.

HEAD FOOTBALL COACH, FAITH ACADEMY, MARBLE FALLS, TEXAS 2000-2002
• Created and coached the first football team at Faith Academy of Marble Falls.
• Recorded a 3 win 6 loss record in the first football season in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools.

TEACHING EXPIERENCE

ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, COOLIDGE ISD, COOLIDGE, TEXAS 2006 TO PRESENT

• Mentored classroom teacher working on alternative certification.
• I taught 6th grade World History, 7th grade Texas History, 8th grade American History for the 2006-2007 school year.
• I taught 6th grade World History, 7th grade Texas History, and Government/Economics for the 2007-2008 school year.
• I taught Government/Economics and Health for the 2008-2009 school year.

ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, BUCKHOLTS ISD, BUCKHOLTS, TEXAS 2005-2006
• I taught 6th grade keyboarding, 7th grade Introduction to Business Support Systems.

TEACHER’S AID AND SUBSITUTE TEACHER JANUARY 2005 TO MAY 2005
• Mentored and assisted 5th grade class with a challenging student diagnosed with a learning disability and severe behavior problems. I also substituted for all levels of Jonesboro ISD when needed.

PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS

• Texas High School Coaches Association
• Texas Six-man Coaches Association
• Association of Texas Professional Educators

REFERENCES

References available upon request

Back