Grayson Rigdon Finalist for Mr. Texas Football

They hand picked 3 exchange students lol one that could kick extra points and two that can play basketball
From the garden of foreigners! 😂 You have already been educated on this subject. The foreign exchange program gives exchange students a variety of places to pick from. Wherever they want to be. It will be like football, I’ll just see what’s being said at the end of the season.

They hand picked 3 exchange students lol one that could kick extra points and two that can play basketball
100% correct, it’s absolutely ridiculous. Then people want to talk about other kids that move into other schools. Irion County is the same way. They have picked 2 foreign exchange students as well that are tall and very deadly on the basketball court as well.

From the garden of foreigners! 😂 You have already been educated on this subject. The foreign exchange program gives exchange students a variety of places to pick from. Wherever they want to be. It will be like football, I’ll just see what’s being said at the end of the season.
I am very educated on it as my family did it for 6 years I was part of the process!!! And your statement of you have no say in it is completely false!!! We knew everything about them and got to pick the ones we wanted. We knew family. Background talents sports and anything we wanted...

I am very educated on it as my family did it for 6 years I was part of the process!!! And your statement of you have no say in it is completely false!!! We knew everything about them and got to pick the ones we wanted. We knew family. Background talents sports and anything we wanted...
Bingo

Graford will eat him alive

Bell will outcoach them and GR as talented as he is-does not play hard enough to in hoops

You can’t hide on the defensive side in that game

Sorry

Back to football-he’s a stud

Not that this will change anyone's mind but I have been told by several coaches I respect greatly G Rigdon would be a factor player, at say a slot receive, for any school (2a-6a)...I would wonder about 6A bc of size but...

Yes some 6man players would be great players at bigger schools, good hard working players would succeed in any fair coaches system I feel...now at some point size is a major factor which is why I would understand if someone claimed 5A or 6A would be very hard for most 6man players...but I know for a fact Dewayne Miles would have been All-State in 5A in 1995...Damien Jackson would have been all-state in 5A as a corner or WR...Lyle Campbell would have been all-state at safety for a 5A...the best are the best for a reason...often forgotten is a guy named Byron Luster who was a stud RB for Happy Hill as a junior and then the starting RB at Colleyville Heritage the next year...to think a 6man stud cant be a stud in an 11man system is absurd really...it's just finding the right spot for them
On the flip side, to think that all big school players will dominate in 6 man is just as absurd. We had a kid on my HS team that moved from 5A Abilene High (biggest there was back then) and was a 2nd string rotational player on defense (LB) that had a very hard time in 6 man. The conditioning nearly killed him during 2-a-days, back when we actually had them. He did end up being a 1 way starter for us but didn’t even receive any district or local team awards. He was solid but definitely didn’t come in an dominate. I will admit times have changed as far as skill levels but I can say from personal experience that it’s not a given that just because a kid played at the largest classification (regularly at that) that they will come into the 6 man world and just run roughshod over everyone else.

Do you know how JV at big schools works? Some of those players are waiting their turn for varsity, but most of those kids will never wear a varsity uniform. Using a terrible 5A JV team to make your point about the differences between 1A and 6A is ridiculous. You'd be better off talking about what Rigdon has done in AAU. Big stats against JV or 1A talent are meaningless. Yes....the overall difference in talent between 1A and 6A varsity is huge. There are kids in 1A who could play in 6A, but 95% of 1A rosters are made up of kids who couldn't make Wylie's JV.
Wylies jv wouldn’t beat a 1a team in the top 30. It was bad. Maybe other big schools jvs are different.

Guess I'm getting old but...….
Can we just celebrate that a 6 man guy is getting ANY recognition?
20 years ago this would not have happened mainly because 6 man was thought of as a joke and just small schools wanting to play playground football with pads.
Not getting into the whole 1a vs 6a debate because it can go both ways where at one end they are a stud and the other end a dud.

It’s not hate. I have no reason to hate Grayson Rigdon. It’s just reality. If he was good enough to play QB (or any position) at the D1 level, there are over 100 schools that have scholarships to offer and wouldn’t hesitate to use them regardless of where a kid played HS ball. Maybe that happens and it will be interesting to watch, but let’s not lose sight of the topic at hand. This thread is about Grayson being the #1 player in the entire state of TX. Including him in the list of finalist is nothing more than a tip of the cap to the six man community.
Dang Newb, sounds like you have a little disdain for Rigdon or at least for him being mentioned with the best in the state. Having roamed on football fields from 1A to 6A and seeing top athletes play at field level, Rigdon can play at any level and be a serious contributor. There are football players and then there are athletes and you can see the difference on the field. Rigdon is an athlete that can mold to the sport he is playing and play at the top level. The Cream always rises to the top.

Dang Newb, sounds like you have a little disdain for Rigdon or at least for him being mentioned with the best in the state. Having roamed on football fields from 1A to 6A and seeing top athletes play at field level, Rigdon can play at any level and be a serious contributor. There are football players and then there are athletes and you can see the difference on the field. Rigdon is an athlete that can mold to the sport he is playing and play at the top level. The Cream always rises to the top.
My disdain is not for Rigdon, but there may be a little growing animosity for you guys who overrate him and completely ignore everything I've typed in order twist my words into something they are not. Not a single time in this entire thread have I even suggested Rigdon couldn't play at the 6A level. I have, in fact, said exactly the opposite. I will say it again so you completely understand it:

1) Rigdon could play 6A and be successful doing so.

2) Rigdon is not even close to the best player in the state of Texas, which is true for hundreds of "serious contributors" at the 6A level.

I don't think I can make that any clearer.

My disdain is not for Rigdon, but there may be a little growing animosity for you guys who overrate him and completely ignore everything I've typed in order twist my words into something they are not. Not a single time in this entire thread have I even suggested Rigdon couldn't play at the 6A level. I have, in fact, said exactly the opposite. I will say it again so you completely understand it:

2) Rigdon is not even close to the best player in the state of Texas, which is true for hundreds of "serious contributors" at the 6A level.

I don’t understand.

Newb, you do have disdain for Six-man football in general, Rigdon for being included as one of the best in Texas (11-man with tip of the cap to 6man), and for the fact your athlete may not get enough attention because he plays with "D1 caliber players at a private school in a 6A Hotbed". of

1) Rigdon can play at 6A level
2) Your saying all other athletes at 5A to 6man should not be "serious contenders" for Mr.Texas Football. That 6A is the only place to find Mr. Texas Football.

Only thing you made clearer is your hater of Six-man Football and its players, and that we should feel lucky with the tip of the cap to our community.

Newb, you do have disdain for Six-man football in general, Rigdon for being included as one of the best in Texas (11-man with tip of the cap to 6man), and for the fact your athlete may not get enough attention because he plays with "D1 caliber players at a private school in a 6A Hotbed". of

1) Rigdon can play at 6A level
2) Your saying all other athletes at 5A to 6man should not be "serious contenders" for Mr.Texas Football. That 6A is the only place to find Mr. Texas Football.

Only thing you made clearer is your hater of Six-man Football and its players, and that we should feel lucky with the tip of the cap to our community.
I’m sorry you’re illiterate. It’s never too late to improve your reading comprehension skills. Can I help you find resources?

You can win a 1A state championship and it will be a legitimate championship....but it won't be the same as the 2A-6A championships.

Recruiting information is easy to find....or not find as is the case here. My son doesn't play six man bc we live in a small town. He goes to a small private school in a hot bed for 6A athletics. He's grown up competing with and against kids who are legitimate D1 talent. There are at least 6 former teammates who have signed with D1 schools in either football, basketball or baseball. I tell you this because you don't seem to understand that there really is a huge talent gap between 1A & 6A. There's a reason UIL has classifications. It allows small schools to be able to compete...but don't mistake that opportunity for anything more than that. It's not equal footing.
Please elaborate to help my reading comprehension skills Six-man hater.

Please elaborate to help my reading comprehension skills Six-man hater.
It's pathetic that some adults have to refer to someone as a hater if they disagree on certain topics. Someone you don't know and you somehow have the authority to call them out?? I believe you have already lost the argument when you have to resort that tactic. Just agree to disagree and leave it like that.

It's pathetic that some adults have to refer to someone as a hater if they disagree on certain topics. Someone you don't know and you somehow have the authority to call them out?? I believe you have already lost the argument when you have to resort that tactic. Just agree to disagree and leave it like that.
Player Dont Be Hatin GIF by Jamie Kennedy

Listen up sixmanlube!

If you don’t know already, I was a stud six man player. I had multiple recruiting offers from 6A schools in the area, but I turned them down because six man is in my blood! Six man athletes are the same as 6A athletes! I’ve stated multiple times that I could’ve been a multiple time state champion with the right coaching! It’s a shame Coach didn’t ask for my opinions back in the day!

Grayson Rigdon is quite the talent on the six man field! He reminds me a lot of myself! I’m sure there are quite a few 6A schools that would love to have him suiting up on Friday night! I’ve heard he’s a bit of a hoops player too. Good thing I know a bit about some basketball too!! You boys play nice and quit picking on high school kids! Especially if you’re not even a well qualified six man analyst like myself!

Hope all is well in y’all’s world!

Back