Friendly Wager

I think that when they redistrict and reclassify schools they do it two years at a time. If anyone can confirm please do. Maybe this is the case for Emery I don't know. I don't like seeing a school that can suit up 30+ kids and should be playing 11 man playing against schools that suit up far less than 20 that are true 6 man teams. Seems very unfair to me. Should any of us be surprised that they are undefeated and have dominated teams. Reminds me of Geneva last year. I know they can petition TAPPS to move up. Is there any satisfaction in winning when you are essentially playing smaller classification schools? I am not attacking Emery I dont know their coach of the circumstances just seems TAPPS needs to be aware of a potentially unfair situation again.

Looking at the numbers Emery should be a 11 man program without a doubt.
Will they go 11 man?? very unlikely.. Alot easier to field 6 solid kids with that many to choose from.
I know there are several schools that are talented in District 1 that just have very few kids to pull from but still assemble very solid squads. That being said its going to be hard for anyone to compete with Emery this year. Good luck to Emery and the rest of district 1 as they play out the remainng district games. It should be fun to watch!

New rankings... Looks like the top 3 up north could be in any order...

Midland/Lost a close one to RW but crushed RO and Watauga
Rockwall/ the Red Oak game leaves me wondering.. close game
Emery/ Loss to Baytown but still think they are stronger in numbers and have crushed everyone else
Baytown/ Nice win against Emery but have seemed to not be able to put any district games away like emery
Watauga/big win over RW. See what happens with RO this week. Should be a good one
Pasadena/ Lost to Baytown but have handed to the rest of their district. Should say alot about both teams as they face Emery this week.

Midland crushed Ovilla this week that is true. The game was close in the first half and Midland just ran away with it the second half. Ovilla played some bad football and Midland capitalized on their mistakes. District has been a lot of fun this year and I am hoping that Ovilla can show up against Watauga and make it a good game as this could potentially be son's last game as he is a senior this year. Ovilla has only had a football program for 3 years so I feel lucky that we are even able to compete at all in this tough district.

Very true.. Tough district. I don't know much about watauga but they are suppose to have a spread back that is super quick and a top notch athlete. Always rooting for an underdog so good luck ovilla and trizzd wish your boy best of luck and enjoy these last few games!

Back