Friendly Wager

THEQB

Six-man fan
ok fellas just a kind of "I told you so" wager and nothing else..
Lets see who gets the closest.
Based on what we have seen so far, I want to know what order you have everyone finishing in district.
Here is mine
1. Alpha
2. Emery
3. Pasadena
4. Katy
5.Baytown
6. Logos

Lets see what you guys come up with.
Have to say I was torn 2-6 on order

Come on fellas.... I said it was a friendly wager!
Lets see some predictions before district cranks up this Friday!!
Thanks for the post 74

Looks like we all 3 have Alpha and Emery up top, Katy and Logos on bottom and BCA and Pasadena mixed in the middle. Its going to be interesting to see how this district plays out. We should get a good look after this week. Thanks for the post Count!
Keep em coming fellas

Emery
Huntsville
The rest are pick ems based on pre district results / strength of schedule.

don't see a contender from the last four schools

The FBCA/ Baytown game should have a rivalry feeling to it.

I'm not sure TAPPS 6man has any rivary but I'm sure this is as close it can get. Baytown beat FBCA in the regular season and FBCA bounce Baytown from the playoffs.

They aren't that far from each other. They have a history of playing eachother.

What yall think. Any rivaries. Is this game worth some hype?

So after a few weeks of district play lets get a look at some new district champ predictions...

1.) emery/ I still have emery up top after they took care of Huntsville this week and this team could fill 3 teams.
2.) fbca/ I know Bca beat them... Explanation below
3.) baytown/ they beat fbca but I went to their game this week with Katy and they had their hands full without Katy's stud rb. They also are probably the lowest on numbers and not deep at all.
4.) Katy/ should finish strong if they can get #32 back and will make a run in the playoffs. If he comes back they jump baytown to #3
5.) logos/ that team looks like they are missing something. Plenty of kids in which very few are used. Don't know much about the coach but I think he's new. Thoughts?

Let's hear your updated rankings boys!

Let me start with what the 1-5 predictions for the Yankee Texans:

Midland
Watauga
Rockwall
AHC
Emery

Tell me I'm wrong...
On an educated note, the State Champ is not in my post.

In week 9, the state champ could be any of these...

Emery (still strong with a deep bench)
Watauga (must stay healthy, lost to Midland but had 4 of 6 starters out, then beat Rockwall)
Baytown (undefeated in district but must face Emery soon)
Pasadena (plays with heart and #13 is rolling)
Rockwall (knocked off Midland)

Sleepers are AHC, Ovilla, Midland

Get ready for great playoff action!!

HCASaints":jdeyxlo2 said:

Emery (still strong with an 11 man roster bench)
Watauga (must stay healthy, lost to Midland but had 4 of 6 starters out, then beat Rockwall)

Fixed

Just curious why Emery is not an 11 man program
With 236 enrolled in the school and 33 players on their junior varsity and varsity program. I know a lot of programs wished they had those numbers.

Ok I've been quiet all year. I've been a little gun shy after last year. I took a tongue lashing from the Geneva fans after suggesting that they should be playing 11 man. My comments were based on several factors including roster size compared to other small school 11 man rosters. The fact that Geneva dominated last year was a huge fact. They were loaded and the best team last year. They won state and were very deserving. Geneva fans seemed to think I was insulting them for winning state and that I had no idea what I was talking about but a month later they were making the jump to 11 man go figure. I"ve been rooting for them and DC to do well at the 11 man level trailblazing for other six man schools to make the jump. All that to say be careful picking on Emery for having large numbers they may not like you mentioning 11 man size.

I haven't seen Emery play but by the sounds of it they are winning often and in dominating fashion and since they haven't lost all season they deserve to be the favorite to win state. District 3 may be the best district in Division 1 TAPPS. Austin Hill is having a great season. They have some one sided victories and they did beat up on Logos Prep. Coach Hudgens is a great coach and knows the 6 man game better than most. Probably deserve to be in the top 5.

District 1 is a real mystery. Rockwall has the talent and roster size to compete with Emery's size. All the respect for Coach Huckabee. Midland has similar talent and size which is probably why the two teams played such a close exciting game last night. Coach Alexander has built a quality program that can beat any team. Watauga is not as deep as either of the two previously mentioned schools, they always seem to be low on numbers. Watauga loses by 45 to Midland and then they beat Rockwall. Is it possible Rockwall overlooked them since they got 45'd a week earlier. Which team will show up to play? Can they stay healthy? I know they suffered some injuries early. But what school hasn't?

Emery
Rockwall
Pasadena
Midland
Watauga/AHC Tie for 5th
Good luck to all the teams. Prayers that they all stay free from significant injuries.

HCASaints":2jidzy9f said:

Emery (still strong with a deep bench)

Sleepers are AHC, Ovilla, Midland

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Cougar1414":15ctj0ue said:
Just curious why Emery is not an 11 man program
With 236 enrolled in the school and 33 players on their junior varsity and varsity program.

A Championship.

Think if UIL allowed 2A teams to compete in 6 man football. D1 schools would be rivaled. If this was allowed, only "true" 6 man competition would be in UIL D2.

If they were competing in 11 man public school they would be a 3A school. I still am amused that they don't suit up more on their varsity. Everyone knows that they have 30 plus in their program.

Back