Forward pass

LacyWolf

11-man fan
Where do we get these guys? Tight play, running back runs past the quarterback, still behind the line of scrimmage. QB passes FORWARD (affirmed on the tape). Ball hits running back and bounces back about 4-5 yards, where it is covered by the offense. Not a great loss, but I argue it was incomplete. The back judge tells me it was a fumble because both players were behind the line of scrimmage, and if that was not the case, it would have been intentional grounding. I just need an affirmation or correction, and also, if any ball hits any offensive player in six man, how could that be intentional grounding?

Sounds like you were right and the crew missed this one. A forward pass is a forward pass no matter where it's thrown from or to (assuming its actually thrown forward obviously). Being touched behind the line of scrimmage does not make it a fumble. And you're also right about intentional grounding. In six man since everybody is eligible, if a pass hits an offensive player, you can't have intentional grounding.

Back