Follett vs Strawn - State Final

This one is probably going to get ugly unfortunately. Follett has to control time of possession, if not Strawn ends it early. D2 is lopsided in my opinion and I’m sure everyone knew who was going to win the title at the beginning of the season.

Good decision Strawn and Oakwood for playing on Thursday night, tomorrow, Friday the weather does not look good

You can get your steaks ordered for halftime! Strawn by 50 or 60 or 70, or however much they want it to be. Four or five of the top East DII teams would 45 any of the west DII. period

Johnny South":3v2icj4d said:
You can get your steaks ordered for halftime! Strawn by 50 or 60 or 70, or however much they want it to be. Four or five of the top East DII teams would 45 any of the west DII. period
]

No only Strawn would.

Both teams lost two games this year. To quality opponents. Follett to White Deer by 20 (WD lost to McLean by 38). Strawn lost to Garden City by 11. They're playing in the D1 W Semi tomorrow. The common opponent, the other D1 W semifinalist, McLean beat Strawn by 33, Follett they 45'd.
Even if they might as teenage young men, I don't think Coach Lee will let the Hounds take Follett lightly.
You never know how the ball will bounce. Better to be prepared and focused than overconfident. To paraphrase, It ain't done till it's done.

markf":3p37z0sq said:
Good decision Strawn and Oakwood for playing on Thursday night, tomorrow, Friday the weather does not look good

Yeah, Oakwood had problems tonight in the heavy mist hanging on to the ball on kickoff's, low snaps, pitches and passes. Both throwing and catching the latter. If Milford has that problem tomorrow night in a driving rain who knows what could happen. Without their passing game they might not be invincible considering it would also be slippery. Leaky should Pray for leaks in, well, the sky. And be ready to play their best game of the year, in the rain.

Follett likes to use all of the 40 sec of the play clock on their drives. If they can keep the ball way from strawn follett wins if not they strawn gets another state title. I want to wish both teams good luck and have fun and to the SR kids to leave everything on the field. God bless you and God bless sixmanfootball

6manfootball2213":gzczjp94 said:
Follett likes to use all of the 40 sec of the play clock on their drives. If they can keep the ball way from strawn follett wins if not they strawn gets another state title. I want to wish both teams good luck and have fun and to the SR kids to leave everything on the field. God bless you and God bless sixmanfootball

Iredell and Oakwood used all of the 40 second clock too. Not sure that has anything on the outcome of the game. But it does make the game clock run. And make the overall time shorter.

Controlling the clock won't matter if Follett can't stop Strawns offense. Which I don't think they can and is why I have Strawn winning by 45+.

I agree with the above statements. If you cannot stop them on defense you better be able to match them on offense. Neither teams could do that. Strawns just at a different level.
Just out of curiosity....what’s the numbers required to be D1 and D2? Is it total number of kids or kids in HS? Just curious.
One last point....
I’ve read other threads where Strawn suites up a JV team. Does this JV team help make up the 26 (or so) kids they have on the team that played Oakwood?

Follett has a good ball team and coach. Seeing both of them play, I dont think Follett will match up well with Strawns speed. Strawn by 35.

The question about the number of kids suited up against Oakwood. Yes, that will be the JV and their varsity.
Strawn's JV are good enough to beat a lot of D II varsities.

Blue Bird":kcoi8tmj said:
The question about the number of kids suited up against Oakwood. Yes, that will be the JV and their varsity.
Strawn's JV are good enough to beat a lot of D II varsities.

Quite a few DI varsities too. JMO, just from listening to, seeing JV players in later season games second quarters with a 30 point lead, that turned into 45's.

Back