District openers

THEQB

Six-man fan
Which game should you guys watching this week?

Baytown v Pasadena/ Rematch of last years playoffs that saw Baytown exit early. Baytown has been hard to figure out with a loss to Oakwood then a surprise forfeit to Chester. Spread is Pasadena by 5. Im taking the 5 with Pasadena. Brett Houston is gonna be hard to stop.

Emery vs Katy/ Emery looking strong and I have heard that Katy either rested some boys last week vs Brazosport or they have some injuries. Emery by 36 is a little much unless their stud RB is out.

Huntsville vs Logos/ This is the game I want to watch. Huntsville looks to be stacked this year and have been taking care of business. SL is a very well coached team but had trouble against AHC. I am interested to see what game plan Huntsville puts together this week. I got Huntsville by more than the 6.

Thoughts fellas??

Alpha and Logos should be the game to watch
FBCA beats Baytown easily
Emery beats Katy easily
It's possible nobody is undefeated after district play

Cougar1414":3dvpkkbg said:
Alpha and Logos should be the game to watch
FBCA beats Baytown easily
Emery beats Katy easily
It's possible nobody is undefeated after district play

Bold statement there.
There is no way Emery will be taken down. Dist 3 may be tough but not good enough to take down EWS. They will be 10-0 after district.
I want to see the Watauga / Midland game. Closer to me than Houston. One of these teams should play EWS in the Final

There is no guarantee that EWS will make it to the final, anything can happen in playoffs. And Watugua/Midland game will be a great game to watch, but on the other note watugua wont make it to the final due to the ineligibility for playoffs. And district 1 has a lot of potential and some high ranked teams.

What a Heartbreaker for Watauga. To make the finals of the previous year and not have a hope of building on that success. Ouch.

I thought the coaches were on probation. I didn't realize the team was ineligible for the playoffs. Where did you find that?

Ok, I'm officially confused.

What is the "probation" punishment?

Does Watuaga have a whole new coaching staff? Coaches can't coach the playoffs? A two strikes and you're out deal?

Information please. Don't be like the NCAA/Goodell offspring.

Idk what the prohibition is, I heard from another post in district 1 that harvests is prohibited from playoffs. All I could find was that one the tapps website. I'm just going off from what I heard, if anyone found more info I would like to know.

mynamejeff":1xc7mvet said:
There is no guarantee that EWS will make it to the final, anything can happen in playoffs. And Watugua/Midland game will be a great game to watch, but on the other note watugua wont make it to the final due to the ineligibility for playoffs. And district 1 has a lot of potential and some high ranked teams.

Enlighten me on District 1.

Emery has an arsenal of offense. Their defense is good also. I have only seen them once before their stadium side opened up but even back then they were hot as an Amish stove. Katy is well coached and has a good team but something is wrong with the water over there since Gorman. Emery 6-0.

I would love to see some division 1 southern teams play, I have only seen district 1 and some uil teams play. District one has a few tough teams which are midland, watagua and a big suprise of Rockwall. Midland is a tough high scoring team it looks like, but I haven't seen them much because they are located so far from where I live, I plan on going to midland vs watagua this week. I have seen Rockwall play, they are a good team with many athletes, and they will be the team to beat this year, I would keep my eye on them and there upcoming games

Logos wins in a close one. Must have been a competitive game.

Emery vs Katy on Saturday
FBCA vs Baytown tonight
These next two games should be blowouts. Not 45ers but not close either.

WOW!!
Anyone go to that Logos vs Omega game?
I expected Omega to take care of business this week.
Anyone have any newS on that game?

Well, I was wrong on Logos getting beat. Must have been a good one with a score like that. I had AOA winning that one without a doubt.

I still have FB Pasadena on top of Baytown big tonight.

Logos beating Alpha not that much of an upset. Remember Logos has 36 players on their roster. Huge advantage in District Play. Emery matches them with numbers but they hide them on the JV roster. Again Huge advantage.

I agree, FBCA rolls big tonight and Emery rolls big tonight.
The only question is who rolls by a bigger margin.

Alpha lost a couple key 2-way players early. We battled to the end though. Kicking game was our killer, only one XP all night. Logos is big up front and deep. We didn't have enough to hang on.
Prayers for #1 Ryan Ficklen, 2nd torn ACL in 2 yrs. Losing a great player for the season but he will make a heck of an assistant coach for us. Hope he can return strong next year.

I did find it humorous though that Logos nearly 45'd us last year and this is labeled an upset. Pretty sure they deserved to be favored. Good team, welcome to District 3 folks.

Back