District 1

District 1 is turning out to be a dog fight with four one loss district teams. The district title is up for grabs over the next two weeks. Exciting football ahead.

A point of clarification on earlier discussion related to Watauga Tapps sanctions. Watauga is not on probation nor suspended from playoffs. The school received a Public Reprimand, not probation. Two coaches are on probation, not suspended or ineligible, for one year due to a school parent videoing a non-Watauga playoff game. Since the coach is responsible for the total program, he receives the sanction because you cannot probate a parent.

I agree with you about District 1 being a dog fight. I guess that is what you call parity. There are some quality teams with lots of talent. I think its Rockwalls race to lose after last night. Midland and Watauga should both make the playoffs. Ovilla could be a wildcard.

Thank you for the clarification about the reprimand. I'm not so sure why its such a big deal considering its been brought up several times hopefully this will be the last time you feel the need to defend the actions of a parent.

Rockwall #4 is a big kid very good.
Midland #1 fast physical player.
Ovilla #1 big athletic kid
Watauga #6 quick quick quick
Abilene #3 big and fast
Luthern #13 fast straight line speed

If anyone doesn't think that 6 man isn't intense or competitive think again. The kids mentioned above are just a few of the better players in the district all very athletic kids who could make public school 11man football rosters easy. They are by no means the only kids on their teams. These teams each have several quality players who are fun to watch.

I agree, this is probably the strongest district overall in my opinion. I will take their top three against anyone. Ovilla is also a sleeper, look out for them in the playoffs, could make a strong run.

TAPPSDIfan":t1le347l said:
I agree, this is probably the strongest district overall in my opinion. I will take their top three against anyone. Ovilla is also a sleeper, look out for them in the playoffs, could make a strong run.

I have not traveled to see any of the games up North. Have you seen any of them play or are you from that area? I have watched several of the games around Houston area this year and they have some pretty tough teams in District 3. From what I have heard its pretty confusing with the top 3 in District 1. Rockwall falls to Watauga, Rockwall then beats midland and Midland crushed Watauga.. not sure if injuries played a big part in that or not but sure is hard to figure out without watching any games.

Yea it's a little up and down. I've seen Watauga and Heritage but haven't caught a Midland game yet. Heritage has a nice backfield with #4 and #25. Well balanced offense that can attack defenses in a number of ways. Harvest is dangerous with the spread back and other speed guys. Seen a little Ovilla and the are talented also particularly on offense. With those four I think it's who comes to play and executes on any given day.

TAPPSDIfan":3env6agk said:
Yea it's a little up and down. I've seen Watauga and Heritage but haven't caught a Midland game yet. Heritage has a nice backfield with #4 and #25. Well balanced offense that can attack defenses in a number of ways. Harvest is dangerous with the spread back and other speed guys. Seen a little Ovilla and the are talented also particularly on offense. With those four I think it's who comes to play and executes on any given day.

I still think its Rockwall at #1 and Midland #2

Back