Atavus training

Techman32

Six-man fan
Just my opinion but, I believe atavus sucks, is causing more shoulder and neck injuries than the "correct form" of tackling. I think its just a money grab/scam. What do all you guys think of Atavis?

I don't hate the idea of shoulder tackling.

I do hate the "eye on the thighs" (they don't use that terminology anymore) and think it has led, unintentionally, to more diving at the feet by would be tacklers even with the modified language. No explanation, just observation.

There are several useful aspects to the training and drills -- tracking drills and open field stuff especially. We use(d) several of those and I was an early adopter/student of Atavus -- before it was mandated by the powers that be.

You probably have not gotten many responses because of fear. This is THE way to tackle and if you aren't following it, Big Brother is watching.

I don't hate the idea of shoulder tackling.

I do hate the "eye on the thighs" (they don't use that terminology anymore) and think it has led, unintentionally, to more diving at the feet by would be tacklers even with the modified language. No explanation, just observation.

There are several useful aspects to the training and drills -- tracking drills and open field stuff especially. We use(d) several of those and I was an early adopter/student of Atavus -- before it was mandated by the powers that be.

You probably have not gotten many responses because of fear. This is THE way to tackle and if you aren't following it, Big Brother is watching.
Ativus is a scam imo.. forces coaches to pay over a $100 a year for terrible (advised) form tackling. Money grab

I believe this kind of became a thing when I was a youth football coach... for that level, I think it's valuable in that ANY formalized training for people who don't coach sports professionally is a good thing, instead of dads just reliving their glory days from when making heads-down tackles and spearing were legal.

I have to agree with this posting! I’m over the whole tackle with your shoulder thing. The top of your head is the hardest part! They make those helmets for a reason!

I’m not a believer in the whole CTE nonsense! I’ve seen some guys take some pretty big hits and turn out perfectly fine! Look at Antonio Brown that guy is as normal as can be!

Do your research. Atavus is a great tool provided by THSCA. That is where the game is headed and has been that way for 5-6 years.
If keeping your players safe isn’t important to coaches, that’s there problem.

Do your research. Atavus is a great tool provided by THSCA. That is where the game is headed and has been that way for 5-6 years.
If keeping your players safe isn’t important to coaches, that’s there problem.
From Rugby based tackling... ativus is based on rugby, not football. Ativus is a scam regardless of "some good drills".
Smh...
The kids playing today have the best equipment available for football. Guess everyone that played prior to Ativus will have CTE. What a joke

???
I just said it was a good resource and is available through THSCA…..
Hawk tackling, atavus is the way football is going
The way football is going? Might as well wear flags now or play sarcastiball. My old head coach seems to be doing fine mentally in his latter years. But yeah, ativus is the solution. It'll just cost you over a $100 a year.

There are good drills on atavus, but someone mentioned the Seahawks tackling drill which apparently will be banned from the NFL next year.

The thing I dislike about it is the fact that they are trying or attempting to make tackling "safer." I'm sorry but injuries still will happen and this past year I can guarantee you 80 percent of the teams we played did not tackle like Atavus is teaching. It was opposite. You know head in front instead of in the back like atavus teaches.

Also why are we required to pay for this training... If anything it should be free, but that's a different topic.

Back