Rankings

6manplaya

11-man fan
How is Wylie prep ranked 3? Inspired vision and Lucas both 45ed Wylie and yet they're still ranked ahead of Lucas. WP trinity beat Lucas by 23 and they are 7-0 yet they're ranked behind Lucas at #6? Dallas academy beat Lucas and they're way behind Lucas in the rankings.

The rankings this year are different than the last 2 years. A win helps you less than a loss hurts you. Not to mention that I think that the schedule strength has disappeared. If your team is on a Bye, it doesn't move, where in years past it might go up or down.

But I am not griping because I am not smart enough to do one on my own.

I have given up trying to understand the rankings ans spread and dont even look at them.
TCA is undefeated and is ranked behind a team they beat.
Dallas Academy gets 45'd in a game they were predicted to lose by 3 and move up as much in the rankings as Waco Methodist who beat them.
Wylie gets 45'd in a game they were predicted to win by 3 scores and only drops a little and still ranked ahead of the team they lost to.

These dont make any sense and never really have, why start now. As sad as it sounds I think the maxpreps rankings are much more accurate.

yeah district 2 is tough, still wouldnt be surprised if nazarene or willow park trinity won it all, no doubt their district is extremely weak tho

Is anyone surprised by Inspired Vision losing to Waco Methodist? I was surprised by how big the margin of victory was, maybe just a bad game by Inspired Vision

SWRaider":1ca1mrl9 said:
Is anyone surprised by Inspired Vision losing to Waco Methodist? I was surprised by how big the margin of victory was, maybe just a bad game by Inspired Vision

I was surprised...... We have a lot of injuries. Our starting qb broke his hand 4 weeks ago so we are trying to hold it together.We didn't play a good game at all. On the other hand Waco came out and exposed our weaknesses. They have really improved in their passing attack. We didn't stop any of it. We were down 22-0 in 5 minutes. We had a chance in the 3rd to cut it to 12 but fumbled the kickoff and then it went south from there. My underclassmen finished the game in the last half of 4th quarter. Waco was the better team that night. Time for playoffs....

Why is Wylie Prep who went 0-5 in district ranked ahead of 3 teams that they lost to?
How does Waco Methodist drop in the rankings after beating Lucas?

The rankings are a representation of the entire season. It does not always work that if A def. B, then A<B. Games do not work out that nicely when you have about 300 teams in a massive system.

This looks like it is in the right place
http://sixmanfootball.com/why_test.php?t=2402

This could be argued a bunch, but look at the detail and it is not completely out of line
http://sixmanfootball.com/why_test.php?t=2291

Wylie's wins are just stronger in general. The entire schedule is much stronger. Not saying it's right or wrong, but understandable
http://sixmanfootball.com/why_test.php?t=2416

DA is not too far off when you look at the detail
http://sixmanfootball.com/why_test.php?t=2141

But still,Wylie got 45ed over and over and went 0-5 in district. Only because they started out ranked highly they havent dropped a ton even tho they should. WP Trinity lost one game all year and it was only by 7 to the #1 ranked team in the state yet theyre ranked 9?? ranked behind Lucas who they beat. Waco drops after beating a good Lucas team and Nazarene climbs after only beating Immanuel 38-16?

maybe Nazarene and Inspired Vision are ranked lower because nobody can come on here and say......

The second round playoff game between the two is at (enter location here) on (enter day or date) at (enter time here).

Maybe someone should worry about letting the masses know that info before complaining about the rankings.

SWRaider":35fdgdrt said:

Anything changed dramatically on these two teams since their earlier game this year? I'm really hoping to make this game.

Back