Basketball Phenom??

Moderators: mjda76384, granger, freeagent

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby pistol » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:09 pm

this is a lot of points for JH.. not only being scored.. but alot of points to give up as well
pistol
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:44 pm

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby TebowTime15 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:29 am

BE wrote:Reason with me for a moment.
A bonafide stud, a Moby, a Bowie, and his family seek a better opportunity to get to a championship by moving to such a school with a history of success and championships. When he succeeds in that goal what is his legacy? He becomes a part of an additional championship among a line of many championships. The ones remembered are the ones who started that success.

But when that stud arrives at a less than successful program and leads them to the championship, he is remembered. His name, his image. His persona.
He is great, less so the program. That is a great legacy.


I liked your other answer to the point that I was going to let this go.

Here is the deal: While I think your son, the greatest sixman player ever, could have won rings at another school, the reality remains that he won them at Richland Springs. Although I know the "break up" was bad, you should at least respect the fact that you, your son, the kids at Richland, Burkhart, and the community did some special things together. Most would give up a lot to experience that much success at anything, much less football.

Why are you coming on this site making outlandish innuendo about things going on currently in Richland Springs? Things may "look bad," but they have always "looked bad" if you catch my drift dating back to when you worked there. While it's understandable for people like Gig'em to say whatever, I think you are doing yourself a disservice. I am sure the UIL would love nothing more than to use your own words to take away state titles.

Lastly, are you familiar with the concept of "standing" in law? If not, look it up. Basically, you have no moral standing, used metaphorically more than literally, in this situation because you benefited from the same system you now derail. Isn't that the very definition of hypocrisy?

Losing to Richland in the state game a few years ago gave you insight into how people from Eden, Rochelle, May, Santa Anna, Lometa, Panther Creek, Cherokee, Lohn, Mullin, Blanket, Brookesmith, and any other little school I left out in the area feel every year when they end up in the same district with Richland.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby BE » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Truthhurts', the best basketball player I have ever coached prior to 2019 is Mark Williams, class of RS 2008.
BE
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:01 am
Location: Corsicana

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby GigemSooners » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:06 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:
BE wrote:Reason with me for a moment.
A bonafide stud, a Moby, a Bowie, and his family seek a better opportunity to get to a championship by moving to such a school with a history of success and championships. When he succeeds in that goal what is his legacy? He becomes a part of an additional championship among a line of many championships. The ones remembered are the ones who started that success.

But when that stud arrives at a less than successful program and leads them to the championship, he is remembered. His name, his image. His persona.
He is great, less so the program. That is a great legacy.


I liked your other answer to the point that I was going to let this go.

Here is the deal: While I think your son, the greatest sixman player ever, could have won rings at another school, the reality remains that he won them at Richland Springs. Although I know the "break up" was bad, you should at least respect the fact that you, your son, the kids at Richland, Burkhart, and the community did some special things together. Most would give up a lot to experience that much success at anything, much less football.

Why are you coming on this site making outlandish innuendo about things going on currently in Richland Springs? Things may "look bad," but they have always "looked bad" if you catch my drift dating back to when you worked there. While it's understandable for people like Gig'em to say whatever, I think you are doing yourself a disservice. I am sure the UIL would love nothing more than to use your own words to take away state titles.

Lastly, are you familiar with the concept of "standing" in law? If not, look it up. Basically, you have no moral standing, used metaphorically more than literally, in this situation because you benefited from the same system you now derail. Isn't that the very definition of hypocrisy?

Losing to Richland in the state game a few years ago gave you insight into how people from Eden, Rochelle, May, Santa Anna, Lometa, Panther Creek, Cherokee, Lohn, Mullin, Blanket, Brookesmith, and any other little school I left out in the area feel every year when they end up in the same district with Richland.


No offense but your rant doesn't make us look any better, actually makes the school look worse. It seems to me that you have a grudge against Coach Ethridge. Making snappy remarks doesnt help your case. I thought hes been pretty fair throughout this thread. Not sure what this outlandish innuendo you're talking about. I'll get straight to the point, this is a thread about a 7th grader who scored 51 points in a game who happens to have the last name Rigdon and plays for Richland Springs. My question is why on earth would we decide to basically give someone else the Rigdon family? You really have to wonder about the decisions the board, AD and superintendent make. I personally think Coach Rigdon got hosed. Without those boys, and the other boys we are losing, I cant see us have any shot at winning a title next year. Basketball? Do we win district next year as well? I dont think so
GigemSooners
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby 13forever » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:39 pm

This is not a knock towards all of the amazing athletes before my class, but none of them could get it done before we did. Was the foundation set? Of course. Doyle is one of the greatest ever because he turned an underachieving program into a serious contender. Then came others like Ethridge, Burkhart, Rogers, Tipton, and Rigdon to help fulfill the vision.

Build it and they will come.
Would it have been better for Coach Ethridge’s and Tyler’s legacy to stay in Hermleigh? Yeah, maybe, if we would have won some titles.

Sounds to me like wisdom made the right choice to apply at Richland Springs. The rest is history.

Rather than being eaten up inside with covetousness, why not go and build yourself a similar program? If I were Coach Ethridge and J. Rigdon, I would team up together to build a sustainable program that outlasts their kids. It helps to have studs for kids. Team up and beat the snot out of the Richland Springs, Strawn’s, and whoever else that claims to own a monopoly in the sixman world.

The truth is, and what is plain to see, most coaches just want to go where the talent is. Is that wise? Conventional wisdom may say so, but I believe you can build a program like RS, Strawn, Borden County, Balmorhea, and so forth just about anywhere. There are obvious exceptions. I’m not completely stupid. ;)

It’s no coincidence, though, that no matter where Vance Jones goes, he eventually sees success. Athletes have something to do with it, but not every time. Ask Rule about that. I’m good friends with Kittley. Those boys were greater athletes than we were. Period. Not even a shadow of a doubt about that. Coaching won those games. Everyone always gives the guy who throws and runs most of the touchdowns the credit but it’s the coaching that gets the job done at the end of the day.

With that being said, Chaca, Matthew, Griff, Braxton, and Cohen are great, but without great coaching they’ll be duds.

I know my dads a great coach, not sure about Rigdon. Why not bind together to find out? Preferably Division 2.
;)
13forever
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 am

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby TebowTime15 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:25 pm

GigemSooners wrote:No offense but your rant doesn't make us look any better, actually makes the school look worse. It seems to me that you have a grudge against Coach Ethridge.


Actually, I like Coach Ethridge and am doing this to help him. While I really don't care what he thinks deep down, I am trying to show him that ranting against Richland Springs does him no good.

Making snappy remarks doesnt help your case. I thought hes been pretty fair throughout this thread. Not sure what this outlandish innuendo you're talking about.

.
While I really don't care what you think about anything, you're whole claim about Richland Springs is silly. Coach Rigdon, for better or worse, got reassigned by the Richland school board as could ANY [unless they have something different in their contract] public school employee in Texas. The Richland Springs School Board could make Burkhart the janitor tomorrow, and he would have to do it until his contract expires.

Rigdon is probably going to job interviews right now to move on with his life. Although I agree with you it looks bad, the whole Richland Springs thing has always looked bad. How can one school win so many state titles? I don't know for sure, but I do know that Jerry has done something right as a coach.

From just a legal perspective, the Richland Springs School Board can do whatever they want as long as they pay the reassigned employee. The fact you keep beating a dead horse = the outlandish innuendo I speak of. If you want to change that, run for Congress.

I'll get straight to the point, this is a thread about a 7th grader who scored 51 points in a game who happens to have the last name Rigdon and plays for Richland Springs. My question is why on earth would we decide to basically give someone else the Rigdon family? You really have to wonder about the decisions the board, AD and superintendent make.


Yeah, I've tried to ignore your silly premise about a junior high kid scoring 50 points in a game meaning he is the next LeBron James. Let me school in some basketball knowledge.

Before I start, however, I am not attacking the kid; I am sure he's a great basketball player. Unfortunately, people are using him as evidence of some type of conspiracy.

1. Sixman junior high basketball is not a very high-level. Although sometimes two teams can be really talented, often times one or both simply are not.

2. The fact he scored so many points, on that level, probably means he plays PG rather than a post position. To score 50 points in six minute quarters, he probably stole the ball and did a layup for around 40% of those points. Basically, Derek Fisher (if you don't know who that is then Google it) has a better shot at scoring 50 points in given the rules than Shaquille O'neal.

3. Junior high is a very confusing time for all the kids involved, and some develop faster than others. I'll give you an example: When I was in junior high, we beat a team 38 to 2 in the 7th grade. In the 8th grade, they beat us. Although part of that is because some kid moved in who could handle the ball, which allowed them to break our press, one of their guys grew like 5 inches. The same two teams could play next year with a totally different outcome.

I personally think Coach Rigdon got hosed. Without those boys, and the other boys we are losing, I cant see us have any shot at winning a title next year. Basketball?


We heard you the first, second, third, and fourth time. He probably did get hosed. What do you want anyone to do about it? Writing your Congressman is about the only thing you could do to maybe prevent this from happening again.

I am not responding to your crap anymore.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby TebowTime15 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:29 pm

13forever wrote: It’s no coincidence, though, that no matter where Vance Jones goes, he eventually sees success.


That's a darn good point. I watched one of those Balmorhea teams that went to state in high school when they were in junior high and didn't see anything that made me think "gosh, they are special."
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby TebowTime15 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:33 pm

BE wrote:Truthhurts', the best basketball player I have ever coached prior to 2019 is Mark Williams, class of RS 2008.


That's not true and you know it. Williams was a good basketball player, but the post combo of Coey Smith and Patrick Couch made those teams hard-nose like the Bad Boy Pistons. I never thought either one of them got the respect they deserved, especially Coey. Oh, and big boy could come in and bang as well. That team was probably the most physical team I ever played against when the refs called fouls within reason.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby TebowTime15 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:23 pm

GigemSooners wrote:
TebowTime15 wrote:
GigemSooners wrote:No offense but your rant doesn't make us look any better, actually makes the school look worse. It seems to me that you have a grudge against Coach Ethridge.


Actually, I like Coach Ethridge and am doing this to help him. While I really don't care what he thinks deep down, I am trying to show him that ranting against Richland Springs does him no good.

Making snappy remarks doesnt help your case. I thought hes been pretty fair throughout this thread. Not sure what this outlandish innuendo you're talking about.

.
While I really don't care what you think about anything, you're whole claim about Richland Springs is silly. Coach Rigdon, for better or worse, got reassigned by the Richland school board as could ANY [unless they have something different in their contract] public school employee in Texas. The Richland Springs School Board could make Burkhart the janitor tomorrow, and he would have to do it until his contract expires.

Rigdon is probably going to job interviews right now to move on with his life. Although I agree with you it looks bad, the whole Richland Springs thing has always looked bad. How can one school win so many state titles? I don't know for sure, but I do know that Jerry has done something right as a coach.

From just a legal perspective, the Richland Springs School Board can do whatever they want as long as they pay the reassigned employee. The fact you keep beating a dead horse = the outlandish innuendo I speak of. If you want to change that, run for Congress.

I'll get straight to the point, this is a thread about a 7th grader who scored 51 points in a game who happens to have the last name Rigdon and plays for Richland Springs. My question is why on earth would we decide to basically give someone else the Rigdon family? You really have to wonder about the decisions the board, AD and superintendent make.


Yeah, I've tried to ignore your silly premise about a junior high kid scoring 50 points in a game meaning he is the next LeBron James. Let me school in some basketball knowledge.

Before I start, however, I am not attacking the kid; I am sure he's a great basketball player. Unfortunately, people are using him as evidence of some type of conspiracy.

1. Sixman junior high basketball is not a very high-level. Although sometimes two teams can be really talented, often times one or both simply are not.

2. The fact he scored so many points, on that level, probably means he plays PG rather than a post position. To score 50 points in six minute quarters, he probably stole the ball and did a layup for around 40% of those points. Basically, Derek Fisher (if you don't know who that is then Google it) has a better shot at scoring 50 points in given the rules than Shaquille O'neal.

3. Junior high is a very confusing time for all the kids involved, and some develop faster than others. I'll give you an example: When I was in junior high, we beat a team 38 to 2 in the 7th grade. In the 8th grade, they beat us. Although part of that is because some kid moved in who could handle the ball, which allowed them to break our press, one of their guys grew like 5 inches. The same two teams could play next year with a totally different outcome.

I personally think Coach Rigdon got hosed. Without those boys, and the other boys we are losing, I cant see us have any shot at winning a title next year. Basketball?


We heard you the first, second, third, and fourth time. He probably did get hosed. What do you want anyone to do about it? Writing your Congressman is about the only thing you could do to maybe prevent this from happening again.

I am not responding to your crap anymore.


The school board did not reassign Coach Rigdon. As a matter of fact, I know one school board member who wasnt happy the decision didnt come to them. It was all JB ,Rhonda Wyatt, and Don Fowler that made the decision without informing the school board. When there was an open records request for Coach Rigdons, there was nothing in his file. I saw this personally. No write up? No discipline letters? Isnt that protocol?
The admin also took the letter about a certain board member who made racist comments as well as allegations of a paying a Running back who played with you. Remember Jason Lewis getting his dad a job at the sand plant?
Paying for rent?
If I was you, i would be the one that shuts up before someone really decides they had enough and tells everything about Richland.
Also, JBs wife was/is a Hillary supporter.


You just can't fathom that I have nothing to do with Richland Springs, can you? I don't know Jason Lewis and thus never played football with him.

I do want to amend one thing, however: you said you know a school board member, which you probably don't since your a chronic dramatizer, but let's just say you do for funzzies. The Richland Springs School Board could fire Fowler and Burkhart and hire Ridgon, Ethridge, and you to coach the team (assuming the three mentioned all agreed to that.) If you're right, why aren't they making a change?

Someone posted Rigdon got a job in Grandfalls. He'll make a ton more money, their housing is amazing, and they will probably win a lot of ball games way out west. While I wish him the best of luck out there if true, I've literally seen him ask you to stop posting on here before. Are you ready to move on? I can tell you that am 1000% ready to put this issue to rest, but the ball is in your court.
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby Morey P. » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:20 pm

"Someone posted Rigdon got a job in Grandfalls."

The job was posted yesterday. They've all ready interviewed, offered and accepted? That was fast...
Morey P.
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby truthhurts17 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:17 am

Gigemsooners has to be a Rigdon. I first hand witnessed Daddy Rigdon and Sons melt down in a basketball game. Although RS hand are defiantly not clean trying to make the Rigdons the innocent victim is laughable! BTW what does someones political affiliation have to do with anything...how old are you 12?
truthhurts17
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby GigemSooners » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:37 pm

truthhurts17 wrote:Gigemsooners has to be a Rigdon. I first hand witnessed Daddy Rigdon and Sons melt down in a basketball game. Although RS hand are defiantly not clean trying to make the Rigdons the innocent victim is laughable! BTW what does someones political affiliation have to do with anything...how old are you 12?


You think I'm a Rigdon lol? If you are so sure then why dont you say who you think it is? Why throw a shot in the dark at someone who may be completely oblivious to the shots you're taking at them. You blaspheme lies on a man AND his kids and then accuse one of his family members to be on here defending them...
Look at what you're doing! On a website throwing out vague accusations so that any passerby can read "Rigdon and his kids are bad people". You realize how pathetic and sad you sound? For once, I really want someone on this website to state some truth.

Also Tebow... why are you so mad and care so much about Richland Springs if you didn't play ball there or live there? You sure seem to know a lot
GigemSooners
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby Coach Roach » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:11 pm

TebowTime,

You reek of BS lol. It seems pretty obvious you have been around Richland since 2006 since you are so high on a guy I never heard of Coen Smith? If you had no affiliation with the school then why are you arguing with a coach that literally told you who he thought the best basketball player he’s coached was Mark Williams? How long have you been keeping up with things at RS? Since 2006? Seems like a long time for someone to be following a team that has nothing to do with you right? Can you be real for once...
Coach Roach
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:29 am

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby GigemSooners » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:00 pm

TebowTime15 wrote:I've seen a lot of RS games as a fan, both after they kicked my butt as a player and later as an adult, since they are the best team in the central Texas area.

GigemSooners wrote:
truthhurts17 wrote:Yes, I had to throw in that JBs wife is a lib and voted for Hillary because one it's TRUE, two the kids in Richland cant wear any attire, , hats, etc supporting our president because it is "offensive".


While I'm not familiar with Ms. Burkhart's politics, I saw a JB led team run on the field carrying American flags. In my opinion, love for the flag is a darn good civics lesson to get from your head football coach. Big Collin could learn a thing or two: although he has the right to protest in America, most countries would not tolerate his antics.

I wish we could all agree that we live in a good country, even if we disagree on more complex things such as tax policy. At the very least, I am confident JB loves this country if, for no other reason, most countries would think it's unfair to win 9 rings in 15 years!


Why did you get off subject of talking bad about Coach Rigdon and his family? You never answered my question(s) nor called out who you think I am... You're are obviously dodging because you know what I know... the board knows... the AD knows... the boosters know... and Richland Springs , TX knows. Quit crying and own up. Curious to know where you played (if you played at all) since you know so much.

I have a question for you Tebow... what are the 4 blocking assignments on a tight offense? Please name them in order.
GigemSooners
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Re: Basketball Phenom??

Postby TebowTime15 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Coach Roach wrote:TebowTime,

You reek of BS lol. It seems pretty obvious you have been around Richland since 2006 since you are so high on a guy I never heard of Coen Smith? If you had no affiliation with the school then why are you arguing with a coach that literally told you who he thought the best basketball player he’s coached was Mark Williams? How long have you been keeping up with things at RS? Since 2006? Seems like a long time for someone to be following a team that has nothing to do with you right? Can you be real for once...


Okay fine, you caught me. My great-grandfather, whom I never met, was superintendent of Rochelle in the 1950s and took my dad to get orange soda and peanuts in some called town Algerita, that exists or existed between Richland and Rochelle. The Coyote blood is strong in my family! *howling sound*
TebowTime15
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests