Packers earn record $43 million in 2011
http://www.packersnews.com/article/2012 ... |FRONTPAGE
Based on the Packers' annual meeting recently held (the Packers are the only publicly owned team in NFL and their data is always food for thought ... of course, for somebody like Jerry Jones, this would be referred to as "petty cash.")
* 2010-2012 ranked 10th in "income earners" in NFL
* 2011 revenue $302 M; expenses $259 M; profit $43 M -- up from $16 M previous year and previous high of $25 M in 2005 ($158 M player costs in 2011, down $3.5 m from previous year)
* In 2009, out of town visitors, including game day fans contributed $282 M to Green Bay economy
* Ticket prices used to be 30th in league but with waiting list of 96,000, other owners think Packers should be charging more ... have increased ticket prices each of the last three seasons ... 1/3 of general ticket revenue goes to visiting teams.
* Does not include $67 M received from recent stock sale and $ 143 M in Lambeau renovations (adding about 6700 seats for 2013 season and new video scoreboards this season); also Packers are purchasing a number of properties adjacent to Lambeau Field, including frontage along US 41 freeway, which will include development of a Cabela's store, with groundbreaking next week.
* Franchise has about $ 127 M in reserves, plus the value of over 28 acres of nearby land purchased in recent years.