7. Gorman
8. Balmorhea
9. Borden County
10. Blum
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Re: Dave Campbell’s D1 Preseason top 10

Postby MilfordInsider » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Milford is coming back absolutely loaded! Multiple All State players returning, and bringing back 4 starters in both sides of the ball. In the last 3 years this senior class has lost a combined total of 5 games ( Strawn (2) Richland Springs, Jonesboro, and McLean. 4 of the 5 losses have come to State Champions and the other to a state game runner up.)

With wins over Richland Springs, Garden City (2), Iredell, Oakwood (3) Coolidge, Union Hill, Jonesboro, Calvert, Crowell. Big time games.

Seniors , Ricky Pendleton, Jasean Brooks, Tyvon Gates, Jaylon Davis, Damyan Woodward, Derrick Walker , Jashawn Johnson, and Holden Shrotke look to lead milford to its first state championship since 1980 - 39 years!

A special season to come from your #1 Ranked Milford Bulldogs.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Hey insider the Rankings come from an opinion of a few. Champions are working humbly right now for what they want! DECEMBER WILL DECIDE THE REAL #1
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 pm

I appreciate the choice of Milford as preseason number one based on returning players but until some of those players put more game into their defensive abilities McLean will repeat. Milford has a lot of talent and may be some their new players will be fire breathing linebackers. Let's watch and see what happens.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:10 pm

tdog5344 wrote:Hey insider the Rankings come from an opinion of a few. Champions are working humbly right now for what they want! DECEMBER WILL DECIDE THE REAL #1

I agree, the champs are working their butts off right now. Come December we will see who worked the hardest.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby MilfordInsider » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Texlonghorn75 wrote:I appreciate the choice of Milford as preseason number one based on returning players but until some of those players put more game into their defensive abilities McLean will repeat. Milford has a lot of talent and may be some their new players will be fire breathing linebackers. Let's watch and see what happens.

Conversations I’ve had with some of the players led me to believe they are more motivated than ever. They feel as though as a class as a whole they are under valued. They are the #1 ranked team but still have a huge chip on their shoulders and a lot to prove.
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Mclean Beat #1 Milford by 30 and 45ed #3 Whitedeer. In my book Mclean is still #1 until somebody can stop them. We play them as we do every year and I can't see us making it to half without it being a blowout.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby One _pac2018 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Milford and Blum will decide who goes to state in the 3rd round if I’m correct
One _pac2018
6-Man Fan

Postby FCSA football » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Here’s Praying for each and every player of each and every team to be Blessed and Protected from injury.
FCSA football
6-Man Fan

Postby Johnny South » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 am

I agree that McLean should come into the season at number 1 and stay there until their first loss. Milford will possibly represent the East at the State game, but just having the best athletes doesn't necessarily translate to having the best team. Milford has proven that several times in the past with TaRon Smith and company, and don't forget about the Dez Buckaloo teams a few years ago.
When is the D2 top ten going to be posted?
Johnny South
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:45 am

I wonder if Sixmanfootball.com will rank Milford #1
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby Texlonghorn75 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:49 pm

tdog5344 wrote:I wonder if Sixmanfootball.com will rank Milford #1

Tdog, I think Dave Campbell uses the Sixmanfootball.com people's input like that guy from Blackwell to rank the teams. The challenge is for the rank and file fans to come up with their own rankings, which of course would be more legit, at least for some of us anyhow. lol! The burning question is which down on their luck program will have a break out year and beat almost everybody. I predict Gustine will much improved this year. Nice to see Dime Box with a team and Baird joining Sixman football ranks. Can the Ranger Bulldogs be next the next eleven man school to move up to sixman ball? Why isn't Lipan and Huckaby allowing their boys to play football? Their enrollments are much larger than Strawn's or Gordon's. Lingleville and Bluff Dale , even Morgan Mill play football but not Lipan and Huckaby! Serious questions on a warm summer day. Ride on Bro.
Texlonghorn75
6-Man Fan

Postby tdog5344 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Texlonghorn75 wrote:
tdog5344 wrote:I wonder if Sixmanfootball.com will rank Milford #1

Tdog, I think Dave Campbell uses the Sixmanfootball.com people's input like that guy from Blackwell to rank the teams. The challenge is for the rank and file fans to come up with their own rankings, which of course would be more legit, at least for some of us anyhow. lol! The burning question is which down on their luck program will have a break out year and beat almost everybody. I predict Gustine will much improved this year. Nice to see Dime Box with a team and Baird joining Sixman football ranks. Can the Ranger Bulldogs be next the next eleven man school to move up to sixman ball? Why isn't Lipan and Huckaby allowing their boys to play football? Their enrollments are much larger than Strawn's or Gordon's. Lingleville and Bluff Dale , even Morgan Mill play football but not Lipan and Huckaby! Serious questions on a warm summer day. Ride on Bro.

All great points.. It will be decided on the field no doubt.. All of them were rooting for milford no doubt. The sixmania announcers were against Mclean to the point it was embarrassing and on the fox sports broadcast they didn't so much root for Milford but talked alot about there program and knew little to nothing about Mclean kids.. we had the same problem in 1999 when I played in Championship game for groom seams like the panhandle doesn't get alot of respect but on the flip side Mclean was terrible until two years ago. It's fun to talk about and watch people get fired up though. Good luck to all the teams and kiddos and I can't wait to see the pads talking instead of a bunch of has been like me...
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Postby CowboyP » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:24 pm

tdog5344 wrote: All great points.. It will be decided on the field no doubt.. All of them were rooting for milford no doubt. The sixmania announcers were against Mclean to the point it was embarrassing and on the fox sports broadcast they didn't so much root for Milford but talked alot about there program and knew little to nothing about Mclean kids.. we had the same problem in 1999 when I played in Championship game for groom seams like the panhandle doesn't get alot of respect but on the flip side Mclean was terrible until two years ago. It's fun to talk about and watch people get fired up though. Good luck to all the teams and kiddos and I can't wait to see the pads talking instead of a bunch of has been like me...

I disagree about the Sixmania broadcast. In fact, I just listened to nearly two hours of the broadcast. You can listen to it here. http://mixlr.com/sixmania1/showreel/
CowboyP
6-Man Fan

Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby tdog5344 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:53 pm

You quit way to early. It's ok that yall rooted for Milford be proud of it nothing wrong with supporting your team.
tdog5344
6-Man Fan

Next

Return to six-man football talk