Milford vs Strawn

Moderators: granger, freeagent, mjda76384

Milford vs Strawn

Postby Longhorn85 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:56 pm

I figured it would be best to just go ahead and make a centralized location for this discussion, since it has been popping up in several other topics for weeks. I have seen both with the eyeball test, and I can't say that I can call it. I would give Milford the slight edge, but if Milford has an off night or isnt motivated, Strawn will take advantage quickly.

Thoughts?
User avatar
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Gordon, TX

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Longhorn85 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:52 pm

History...

Strawn and Milford have only met 5 times in the past, with each meeting coming in the playoffs.

The first meeting came in the Semifinal in 1979, with Strawn coached by Nelson Campbell at the time. "Edward Golden" remember that one. Milford won 66-49.

After that Strawn took a couple of bi-district losses in 94 and 95, during the time of the Cook brothers as I remember, en-route to Milford playing Amherst and Dewayne Myles a couple times.

They didnt meet again until 2004, again in bi-district, which I believe was the first time Dewaine Lee and Ronny Crumpton went head to head, and Strawn won 30-28 in bi-district.

The last time they met was in 2010 in the quarterfinals, where Milford won 44-30.
User avatar
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Gordon, TX

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby TheGoat97 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Those Cook boys are my cousins lol..
TheGoat97
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:32 am

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Milford........ probably early in 4th
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Longhorn85 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 pm

Seems like there were Cook boys from the time I was a freshman till 2 years after I got out of high school or there beyond. I can say that one of my concussions came from one of them for sure in a scrimmage in 91.
User avatar
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Gordon, TX

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Longhorn85 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 pm

smokeyjoe53 wrote:Milford........ probably early in 4th


Have you seen Strawn live this year?
User avatar
Longhorn85
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Gordon, TX

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Demoz24 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:28 pm

If this game happens. It'll be what Richland vs. Milford should have been. I dont think anyone will be 45'd unless 1 team simply doesn't show up.
Demoz24
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby smokeyjoe53 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Longhorn85 wrote:
smokeyjoe53 wrote:Milford........ probably early in 4th


Have you seen Strawn live this year?

Nope......... haven’t seen Milford either....... just my thought...... worthless, but mine......
User avatar
smokeyjoe53
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Tartarus

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Bhs03 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 am

Demoz24 wrote:If this game happens. It'll be what Richland vs. Milford should have been. I dont think anyone will be 45'd unless 1 team simply doesn't show up.

What do you mean should have been ? Please don't say if walker tippe played
Bhs03
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Demoz24 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:20 am

Bhs03 wrote:What do you mean should have been ? Please don't say if walker tippe played


Lol Tippie or not, did the game live up to the hype surrounding it? Imo no it didn't. It shouldve been a game instead of an a$$ whooping.
Demoz24
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Bhs03 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 am

Demoz24 wrote:
Bhs03 wrote:What do you mean should have been ? Please don't say if walker tippe played


Lol Tippie or not, did the game live up to the hype surrounding it? Imo no it didn't. It shouldve been a game instead of an a$$ whooping.

I wish it was a good game . Very boring to watch such a easy win
Bhs03
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Coyote07 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:51 pm

I agree we didn't live up to the expectations this year. We were missing a big part of our team but im happy we didn't give up till the end. Man this is a hard one. I believe strawn will win only because i've seen milford in the past. They aren't consistent with their success.
Coyote07
11-Man Fan
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:05 am

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Murdoch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Bhs03 wrote:
Demoz24 wrote:
Bhs03 wrote:


I wish it was a good game . Very boring to watch such a easy win


You could have got up and left.
Murdoch
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:01 am
Location: San Saba county

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby MilfordInsider » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Coyote07 wrote:I agree we didn't live up to the expectations this year. We were missing a big part of our team but im happy we didn't give up till the end. Man this is a hard one. I believe strawn will win only because i've seen milford in the past. They aren't consistent with their success.

What's your definition of not consistent?
MilfordInsider
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Milford vs Strawn

Postby Bhs03 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:47 pm

Murdoch wrote:
Bhs03 wrote:
Demoz24 wrote:
Bhs03 wrote:


I wish it was a good game . Very boring to watch such a easy win


You could have got up and left.

I couldn't because the burgers with jalepenos make you want to stay because they are so good.
Bhs03
6-Man Fan
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Next

Return to six-man football talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests